Terror News about terrorism - foiled attacks, arrests, threat level etc

Explosion in a "non-Muslim" cemetery in Djeddah, Saudi Arabia, during a 11th November commemoration.

it is being treated as an attack.

I would like to see this lot treated as a terrorist organization and exterminated

How dare they do this - it makes my blood boil

As much as I would like to see these people beaten off the streets with batons I'm more concerned that a location where HM the queen is known to lay a wreath each year is not sealed off to the public well in advance before any wreaths are laid so there is no place that isn't a part of regular infrastructure to hide explosives or other dangerous substances. It's not like there has been a terrorist threat across Europe for a few decades now ...

As much as I would like to see these people beaten off the streets with batons I'm more concerned that a location where HM the queen is known to lay a wreath each year is not sealed off to the public well in advance before any wreaths are laid so there is no place that isn't a part of regular infrastructure to hide explosives or other dangerous substances. It's not like there has been a terrorist threat across Europe for a few decades now ...

Why?

She is a nice lady who does not draw offensive cartoons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh and @Junglejim's point that "telling Muslims to better handle their radicals is as stupid as asking the church to better handle their pedophiles":

Which is, in a sense, infinitely more than the Islam ever did on any issues really.

Oh and @Junglejim's point that "telling Muslims to better handle their radicals is as stupid as asking the church to better handle their pedophiles":

Which is, in a sense, infinitely more than the Islam ever did on any issues really.
Just shows your ignorance on what other muslims are actually doing to figbt radical Islam.

Glad the pope said it, now we can see if it actually stops pedos.

Just shows your ignorance on what other muslims are actually doing to figbt radical Islam.

Well... considering all the terror attacks we have had recently... it is safe to assume "not much is being done" is an understatement.

For instance, not so long ago, in fact just a few days ago, Islamists have beheaded more than 50 people in Mozambique, turning a football pitch into an execution ground.

Facts buddy, bloody facts!

So put down the bottle and start thinking rationally.

Last edited:
One Greek policeman who belonged to the security detail in the Greek Embassy in Saudi Arabia, is among the injured during the Djeddah attack

I would like to see this lot treated as a terrorist organization and exterminated

How dare they do this - it makes my blood boil

Of course not, these people want to ban your car, phone, flights, tankers, vacation and generally shrink our economies to go back to the time of carriage drivers, castles and crusaders. They must be really happy and rejoicing over the COVID-19 bug.

I am sometimes a grumpy reactionary, but not all that much against progress in the large sense of the term. Extinction Rebellion creep me out. Very distasteful to disrupt a Remembrance Day such as today.

Of course not, these people want to ban your car, phone, flights, tankers, vacation and generally shrink our economies to go back to the time of carriage drivers, castles and crusaders. They must be really happy and rejoicing over the COVID-19 bug.

I am sometimes a grumpy reactionary, but not all that much against progress in the large sense of the term. Extinction Rebellion creep me out. Very distasteful to disrupt a Remembrance Day such as today.
off topic, but planting a billion trees(actually do-able)would offset all the excess anthropogenic carbon emissions.

Micron states the obvious (Y)

Makes me wonder what he, his predecessors or future hopeful candidates did/intend to do about it. I distinctly remember Sarkozy talking about this when I was a kid, not that anything happened, mind you. But hey, at least that evil Le Pen was kept out of office. We can't have a principled person in office, she might just start deporting them all and that would be uh.. inhumane or something.

off topic, but planting a billion trees(actually do-able)would offset all the excess anthropogenic carbon emissions.

Nothing against that, but it just be better to actually start doing carbon capture and recycle the CO2 that we emit for industrial uses including synthetic fuels.

Following the terrorist attack in Vienna, Austrian Chancellor Sebastian Kurz has announced a bill that would allow authorities to take would-be terrorists into preemptive custody – potentially until the end of their days. Kurz also said that convicted Islamists would be forced to wear electronic ankle tags to be kept in check. Critics say the plans might violate the Austrian constitution and the European Convention on Human Rights. (Source, German)

Holy cow. That kid don't mess around. It's doubtable his left-leaning, pro-immigration coalition partner will go along with this, though.

By the way, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist – the ECHR has nothing to do with the European Union. It's the charter of the Council of Europe, an older and different institution constituting 47 Eurasian states (including Russia and the countries between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea).

By the way, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist – the ECHR has nothing to do with the European Union. It's the charter of the Council of Europe, an older and different institution constituting 47 Eurasian states (including Russia and the countries between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea).

EU under Russian boot? ?

Last edited:

Glad the pope said it, now we can see if it actually stops pedos.

Oh! My god! @Junglejim! Stop! You are obviously doing so much, it's too much!

Slow down! It's starting to look like repression and harassment!

As much as I would like to see these people beaten off the streets with batons I'm more concerned that a location where HM the queen is known to lay a wreath each year is not sealed off to the public well in advance before any wreaths are laid so there is no place that isn't a part of regular infrastructure to hide explosives or other dangerous substances.

HM the Queen doesn't lay a wreath - she watches while the Prince of Wales lays it on her behalf. Its not sealed off well in advance because Whitehall (where the Cenotaph is) is one of the main roads through central London... There is plenty of regular infrastructure to check for hiden explosives or other dangerous substances in that area. Paint and flags are not usually regarded as either explosive or particularly dangerous - and last I checked the UK is still a free country with a right to public protetst, regardless how much some of us might disagree with the aim of any particular protest.

It's not like there has been a terrorist threat across Europe for a few decades now ...

There has indeed the IRA launched a mortar attack on nearby 10 Downing Street in 1991.

At 05:30AM at least 20 shots were fired at the Saudi embassy in The Hague, hitting the building and causing damage on multiple floors.