General Lee

11bang_bang1983-87

Corporal
MI.Net Member
I found this information very interesting...I did not know that General Lee finished so high in his class at West Point. I thought I would share this with everyone.

1829—

*Lee graduates 2nd in his West Point class.
*He becomes the first student to graduate without having received a single demerit.
*Fellow cadets give Lee the nickname “Marble Model”.
*He is commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Corps of Engineers.

I found this information very interesting...I did not know that General Lee finished so high in his class at West Point. I thought I would share this with everyone.

1829—

*Lee graduates 2nd in his West Point class.
*He becomes the first student to graduate without having received a single demerit.
*Fellow cadets give Lee the nickname “Marble Model”.
*He is commissioned a second lieutenant in the U.S. Corps of Engineers.

BOO,

Very interesting info about Gen Lee.

Did you know that Gen George Custer finished LAST in his class?

He also almost broke the record for the MOST number of demerits.

Interesting to compare the West Point records of these two illustrious generals with their careers and their ultimate fates, don't you think?

Unfortunately 82Rigger I do know those facts about Custer. The town I'm from boasts to be one of his homes. We have a big exibit at our museum dedicated to him. He doesn't sit well most of my family. Since I have and my wife has alot of Native American influence on both sides. But, I still enjoy military history no matter who they are.

BOO,

I just noticed that you are in Michigan. I believe Custer claimed Monroe, Michigan as his home.

I've studied the Indian Wars quite a bit, and my feelings are about the same as yours.

A quote by Tatanka-Iyotanka (Sitting Bull) in 1881 says it nicely:

"They say I murdered Custer. It is a lie. He was a fool and rode to his death."

Well, 82Rigger that would be where I hail from. We actually have a big statue of him on his horse at the corner of one of our main streets. It's been moved a couple times over the years.