Photos F-4EJ Kai Phantom 'Black Panther'

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Dear Folks,
Greetings, I have this old Hasegawa F-4Kai 1:72, however, the decals were very basic as it was a simple kit, I kept it for a leisure build. A few days ago from my friend told me he wants to part a decal and so I got this Black Panther's decals. I was really excited and a few days later got the decals and started with my simple Hasegawa kit, built was quick and simple but the thing was it need some sanding and filling and it has lots of pin marks and the details in some area faded. After a few hours, the basic shape was done. I use Tamiya white and black, grey was achieved by mixing the two colors, then for the nozzle, I use Mr.Color and Tamiya silver. The decals were a bit dated so I need to put in warm water to make it soft and yeah used a bit of decal softener. It is almost done except for a few small parts and painting left, going to do it soon. Here is the picture of what, I have done yesterday. Hope it has turned out okay.

imageproxy.jpg

imageproxy-1.jpg

imageproxy-2.jpg

imageproxy-3.jpg

imageproxy-4.jpg

the Hasegawa F-4 is still a decent kit for it's age and they change hands at crazy prices on Ebay .... you did a excellent job on the japanese variant ... i've been trying to get my hands on a Fujimi F-4 ... i find their aircraft kits are better detailed than Hasegawa's, you can only get them from Japan though at crazy prices and then there's the small matter of the customs charges ... you can end up forking out between £75 - £85 including custom charges and postage & packing for a 1/72 kit

hold that i just snagged one for £25 all in on Ebay and a even rarer fujimi Jolly Green Giant mega happy boy/man child

Last edited:
the Hasegawa F-4 is still a decent kit for it's age and they change hands at crazy prices on Ebay .... you did a excellent job on the japanese variant ... i've been trying to get my hands on a Fujimi F-4 ... i find their aircraft kits are better detailed than Hasegawa's, you can only get them from Japan though at crazy prices and then there's the small matter of the customs charges ... you can end up forking out between £75 - £85 including custom charges and postage & packing for a 1/72 kit

hold that i just snagged one for £25 all in on Ebay and a even rarer fujimi Jolly Green Giant mega happy boy/man child
Hi Mate, there are two versions of F-4 Kai from Hasegawa the basic and newer tool but still from lates 80s, The one I made is from the early 70s so it is very basic with zero cockpit details and raised lines, however, with a price tag of just 10$ it is a good deal and the other F-4s from late 80s are very good and cost about 25$ and it is worth every cent. Regarding Fujimi I have built their FG.1 and to be honest, is way better than new tool Airfix Fg.1s but Airfix is a little expensive. Yeah, the custom is the bane department of scale model world and customs duty here is quite hefty :(
aha, evilBay sometimes comes up with good and rare kits and always need to keep your eyes on it.

very good job! congrats!
Thanks, Mate, cheers

Wow, Masterful work very cool mate!! (Y) ??