Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

"Pentagon confirms US ordered airstrike which killed Qassem Soleimani

In a statement, the Pentagon announced that at the direction of US President Donald Trump, the country's military carried out an airstrike targeting Iranian general Qassem Soleimani near Baghdad airport. According to Iraq state TV, Popular Mobilization Forces Abu Mahdi Almuhandis was also killed after at least three rockets were fired towards the location."

US killed man who played main role to counter terrorism in Syria and Iraq and was succeessful in this war. Not surprised.

Just another stupid and desperate step in meaningless US movements in ME.

RIP

In Iraq? Allegedly in charge of the attack on the US Embassy. Good riddance. War? I doubt it. Generally weakness invites aggression. If the Iranians continue to seize oil tankers, foment violence and sponsor terror there are limits to such criminal behavior. I think the West has been incredibly patient with the Iranians as they commit these acts. The MSM media will probably report that Trump has murdered an Iranian tourist.

Amazing the reporting by the MSM.

Iran has been at war with the United States since 1979. This was the corrupt mullahs murderous hitman. The people of Iran can also breathe easier and the day they overthrow their dictators is now closer.

Fancy ring.

mig-sulman.jpg

Supreme Leader Khamenei releases a statement expressing condolences for the deaths of Soleimani and Abu Mahdi Muhandis, declared three days of public mourning, and vows "hard revenge."
He doesn't have a choice but to respond, but unlikely he'll take the country to a full-scale war, which he cannot control or afford during crushing sanctions and after major protests. His targets will probably included allied installations. He knows he'll face massive US response
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So basically expect more shenanigans like Saudi Oil Refineries and Tankers being blown up.

I'll go out on a limb here and say there's lot's of people celebrating Soleimani's death, up to and including Khamenei himself. Quds force has more power than the clerical government and is leading Iran into conflict across the ME. Soleimani's "Shia Arc" is already causing conflict in Iraq, and is destabilizing in Syria, and is already a "done deal" in Lebanon, where an Iran-backed Hezbollah shadow government pretty much rules.

Soleimani earned his place in America's cross-hairs, and I'm glad he's been whacked. Iran's proxy war through Soleimani's Shia crescent alliances needs a big finger pointed at it, and Iran needs to know, we've got our eyes on you. The idea this f*cker or his proxies can wage war against us without retaliation is over.

Fancy ring.

mig-sulman.jpg
We can draw two very quick conclusions:
- Trump will never call ol' 'mani later
- 'ol 'mani should have been tough on his special forces and employed more competent people
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'll go out on a limb here and say there's lot's of people celebrating Soleimani's death, up to and including Khamenei himself. Quds force has more power than the clerical government and is leading Iran into conflict across the ME. Soleimani's "Shia Arc" is already causing conflict in Iraq, and is destabilizing in Syria, and is already a "done deal" in Lebanon, where an Iran-backed Hezbollah shadow government pretty much rules.

Soleimani earned his place in America's cross-hairs, and I'm glad he's been whacked. Iran's proxy war through Soleimani's Shia crescent alliances needs a big finger pointed at it, and Iran needs to know, we've got our eyes on you. The idea this f*cker or his proxies can wage war against us without retaliation is over.
You are totally right, as there is an old article about his influence over Iran.
Unsurprisingly, many people don't like it:

So it would seem to me, on first blush, rather brash to do this at a major airport. Far better to catch him out in the field, where he "shouldn't be"..... Then again what was he doing in Iraq? Was he invited?
I would suggest the location was deliberate, and overall minimised 'innocent' casualties, like the aircrew.

Play stupid games......

Seriously, this guy probably made multiple trips, never an issue, he probably thinks the US buys its listening gear at Radio Shack - so Iran comes into the open in Iraq, and now it gets whacked. Wake up Iran, you are playing with fire, and in a League you dont even comprehend.

If they attack they shouldn't ask for help from any EU country. With all the S**t currently going on with the US and the history of their useless interventions to bring "freedom" everywhere nobody will be willing to support them anymore. At this point I even think the (NATO) alliance is at stake.

Don't worry no one in the US is so stupid as to expect assistance from Germany or France. Two non-nations essentially steeped in an ideology of pro-islamist sympathy/apologetics.

Haven't been here a long time. Sorry for that lads. I had family business to attend to. As a person of Iranian descent I would like to congratulate and thank the US for a blow well struck. To hell with these shiite fanatics. TRUMP 2020!!!

From another forum, an Israeli poster..
Sulimani was instrumental in the extension of all shia militias in the region, Levanese Hizbullah, Qataib Iraqi Hizbullah, Afghani shia groups, Al Sadr Saraya al Salam, etc, etc, etc....
This mofo has more blood on his hands than anyone in the MENA theatre.
And for those still hesitant about the opportunity or the necessity of such a move, I shall remind them, if only, of the 23 of October 1983.

Not just Americans. I'll be raising a few glasses to the drone pilot tonight.

Interesting times.
Forget about the pilot and remember about the drone. It should pay the WH house a visit, so Mr President would have a chance to say how beautiful and talented the drone is and award it with a Medal of Honor.

Yep.. That was a horrible day. I actually remember it, the report coming across the radio that afternoon while I was studying for a college class.