Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

Another five killed by an airstrike.

I've read an article in Polish, so 'mani's plan may have been booting the U.S. troops out of Iraq.
He persuaded the Iraqi Shia militia to attack the U.S. troops, so the latter would retaliate. It was an expected outcome and it was to cause the Iraqi goverment to ask the U.S. forces to leave Iraq. Since the Shia militia is part of the Iraqi Army and had some big successes in fighting the ISIS, the Iraqi government would have no other option, but ask the U.S. troops to leave. Otherwise, the U.S. forces would be nothing more but occupants.

As airstrikes keep going on, 'mani may have achieved his strategic goal despite having lost his life.

More strikes today.

You sent your message when I was typing mine.
Anyway, the things are getting complicated from the strategic point of view. The Iraqi goverment invited the U.S. troops for the sole purpose of fighting the ISIS. It looks like the Iranians provoked the U.S. military response against the Iraqis.

Headline on the BBC news website " how strong is Iran's military " . Let the brainwashing begin . The last paragraphs a beauty . Apparently Iran's been interfering in US elections too ........... It's like they just make it up .

In that link is a report about a Shia militia leader in Jemen being killed as well.

This is starting to look like the ending of any of the Godfather movies.
Yep. Trump unleashed the US military to do it's job against ISIS quite successfully even though you never hear that reported. He's doing the same with Iranians who would be better off staying in Iran.

Sad to see all these usual jokes and giggles as reaction on the photos of rallies in Iran. Sad beacuse it is strictly reflects "western" mindset that leads disastrous western (mean US) policy in the region and whole world.

So Russian policy of supporting Assad is a resounding success? Russia's actions have only enabled the complete infiltration of Iran forces into Syria. Russia itself must be wondering if empowering Iran's hand in Syria is a wise decision. I don't think Russia expected their intervention would end up with them in bed with Iran. Not comfortable bed-mates, I think.

The left here apparently thinks Suleimani wasn't the jacked up, whacked out murdering thug he really was. Not satire.

Our Columnists
The Killing of Qassem Suleimani Is Tantamount to an Act of War

By Robin Wright
January 3, 2020

Suleimani, a flamboyant former construction worker and bodybuilder with snowy white hair, a dapper beard, and arching salt-and-pepper eyebrows, gained notice during the eight-year war with Iraq, in the nineteen eighties. He rose through the Revolutionary Guard to become head of the Quds Force—an Iranian unit of commandos comparable to the U.S. seals, Delta Force, and Rangers combined—in 1998. He was the most feared and most admired military leader in the region. He famously rallied followers with flowery jihadi rhetoric about the glories of martyrdom. “The war front is mankind’s lost paradise,” Suleimani was quoted as saying, in 2009. “One type of paradise that is portrayed for mankind is streams, beautiful nymphs and greeneries. But there is another kind of paradise.” The front, he said, was “the lost paradise of the human beings.” Thousands of followers died under his leadership.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...xporter-of-irans-revolution-but-at-what-price

Sorry, your remark about Iran-Russian relations is just ridicluos.

USA has overwhelming economic and military might and because of that you think you has moral superiority and can just joke and giggles about other nations, societies and cultures and effectively ignore them. You think you can just drone some local leaders you don't like and appoint some "democratic leader" (mean pro-US puppet) and local people must be happy because US is an exceptional nation, you know.

That does not work this way, aspecially in ME. USA already spent 18 or something years in Afghanistan and lost this war. USA already in the bed with barbaric KSA regime and that involved US in Yemen bloody disaster and i still rememer that day when US air force acting as a close air support for the ISIL offensive on besieged Deir-ez-Zor.

USA has overwhelming economic and military might and because of that you think you has moral superiority and can just joke and giggles about other nations, societies and cultures and effectively ignore them. You think you can just drone some local leaders you don't like and appoint some "democratic leader" (mean pro-US puppet) and local people must be happy because US is an exceptional nation, you know.

That does not work this way, aspecially in ME. USA already spent 18 or something years in Afghanistan and lost this war. USA already in the bed with barbaric KSA regime and that involved US in Yemen bloody disaster and i still rememer that day when US air force acting as a close air support for the ISIL offensive on besieged Deir-ez-Zor.
you were not so great in Afghanistan either - just a mention

you were not so great in Afghanistan either - just a mention

Still with much better results with much less spendings.

Despite having used far less civilised methods and having killed many more civilians, not to mention.

Not true. Also, we fight a real war here against powerful foes, not some internal civil confict. Also despite a war we build industry, social infrastructure in cities (now totally destroyed) and transport infrastructure (ie roads, tunnels, bridges, airstrips used till now).

When it comes to Iran you could not be more wrong, mate. Just like your previous post, stating that the security forces of the Islamic Republic-regime are "fair" and measured in their approach to quelling protests.

Yeah, the numbers are of course falsified. And those people with their hands and feet tied up probably drowned themselves, right!?!

THAT is the kind of "government" Soleimani represented and helped to prop up while drawing breath. His death is a joyous occasion for any freedom loving person.

Yes, because the US with its ill advised foreign policy never once tackled the foremost cause for the instability of the mid-east (until now) in earnest, which is the clerical regime in Iran. And whenever that regime moved towards the brink of collapse and began to lose its legitimacy, some a**holes in Europe and within the Democrat Party in the US threw them an economic lifeline and provided them with the breathing space they needed to consolidate once more. It seems that under Trump that policy is finally at an end. It took but three years of his sanctions policy to bring that regime to its knees. My prognosis ist that they will not survive another Trump tenure in the WH. And good riddance. The Mullahs and their IRGC murderers can go to petition refugee-status in Berlin, Paris and London for all I care. That is where their friends already dwell, anyway.

Funeral for Soleimani and Al-Muhandis in Baghdad.

ENbRIPKW4AAn_wG

Prime-minister of Iraq Mahdi

ENbGRr2XUAAvAZp

Ex-prime minister of Iraq al-Maliqi

ENbLh09UcAAAcQp

632334-01-05.jpg

2020-01-04T080430Z_591788785_RC2W8E9YE6L3_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-SECURITY-FUNERAL.JPG

2020-01-04T074354Z_302939418_RC2V8E9LU88B_RTRMADP_3_IRAQ-SECURITY-FUNERAL.JPG

Last edited:
Not true. Also, we fight a real war here against powerful foes, not some internal civil confict. Also despite a war we build industry, social infrastructure in cities (now totally destroyed) and transport infrastructure (ie roads, tunnels, bridges, airstrips used till now).
In 1979, the Afghanistan's population was 15.5 million people.
Since the annual growth was about 370,000-390,000 in the 80s, let's say it grew up by 3.70 mln in 10 years. Let it be 19.2 mln in 1989. Thanks to the war, apart from 60k combatants having been killed, also 600,000-2,000,000 civilians were killed (up to 10% of the population), 5 mln became external refugees (well over 25% of the poplulation) and 2 mln were internally displaced (more than 10% of the population). Apart from that, 3 mln were wounded (another 15% of the population).

I don't know if you are just trying to be funny mentioning these roads, tunnels, bridges and airstrips, while forgetting this:

Can you compare it to the casualties inflicted upon the Afghans by the Coalition?

Last edited:
Yes, because the US with its ill advised foreign policy never once tackled the foremost cause for the instability of the mid-east (until now) in earnest, which is the clerical regime in Iran.

I'd say that point is debatable . In fact I'd go as far as to say if the regime in Iran collapsed you d see even more instability in the ME . Though that point may seem unpalatable I've seen no evidence contrary to that point of view .

Few more photos from funeral for Soleimani and Al-Muhandis.

ENbU8fVXkAQKK7B

ENbU8fJXYAEi7xE

ENbU8fOXYAA4zWw

I'd say that point is debatable . In fact I'd go as far as to say if the regime in Iran collapsed you d see even more instability in the ME . Though that point may seem unpalatable I've seen no evidence contrary to that point of view .

Yeah, sorry but I call BS on that. The simple truth is that Iran is the only actual nationstate in the ME. Iranians aren't going to slaughter each other over religious or ethnic differences. Every Iranian's family that I know is so intermarried along ethnic and religious lines that I don't see these instability-scenarios that are constantly drawn up. I don't blame you, but many Westerners fall for that crap. BTW this "instability-without-mullahs" scenario stems from Pro-Islamic Republic lobbies like NIAC, faithfully aided by western media outlets like NYT and DER SPIEGEL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, because the US with its ill advised foreign policy never once tackled the foremost cause for the instability of the mid-east (until now) in earnest, which is the clerical regime in Iran. And whenever that regime moved towards the brink of collapse and began to lose its legitimacy, some a**holes in Europe and within the Democrat Party in the US threw them an economic lifeline and provided them with the breathing space they needed to consolidate once more. It seems that under Trump that policy is finally at an end. It took but three years of his sanctions policy to bring that regime to its knees. My prognosis ist that they will not survive another Trump tenure in the WH. And good riddance. The Mullahs and their IRGC murderers can go to petition refugee-status in Berlin, Paris and London for all I care. That is where their friends already dwell, anyway.
The thing is, the U.S.A. and their allies plus some other "allies", like the KSA, have the resources and the technology to track key figures in the ME.
'mani was a very specific guy who had a custom of taking the piss out of the U.S.A., orchestrated attacks on Coalition's forces, did not hide his whereabouts much and tried to embarrass the U.S. government by not even hiding his agenda, while staying as close to U.S. forces as possible at the same time.
The U.S. forces could have killed him numerous times, but the leadership lacked the will to do it.
Now, we have the key event: the Iranians attacked the Saudi refineries and a few tankers. Ol' Drumpf got pissed off and twatted a message that he was going to retaliate. Finally, he did not, but the information about the planned attack having been cancelled got leaked into the press and ol' Drumpf got upset even more. It was something too much for him.

Recently, the attack on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad has happened and somebody decided it was enough.

Eventually, the intelligence guys tracked 'mani in Damascus, as he had a meeting with the Iraqi Sha militia's commander and the Helbollah's deputy commander, as they planned another attack on U.S. forces in Iraq. The RTV version could be that 'mani actually brought a large collection of ancient Persian carpets as belated New Year's gifts for these two plus al-Asshat.

After that cancelled attack in the past, ol' Drumpf decided that he had to do something in order not to be considered a weakling, so he decided to kill 'mani.
Are you surprised? I'm not.

Monsieur Putain has a long history of killing his enemies and political opponents.

Last edited: