Intro Another new member

J

JohnB

Hello peeps,
Sorry I didn't say hello to you all when I joined the other day, I had a bit of an emergency, all's ok now. Anyway I'll say hello again to a wealth of knowledge that I've seen here and hopefully a few new mates around the world. I'm fairly new to this and hopefully you might be able to guide me along the way with my photos. The thing I'm not too sure of at the moment is how to downsize my photos to the limit of the site. I'm ex Royal Navy and because of where I live I've been able to take photos of various naval vessels but, the photos are mostly over the size limit. It would be nice to get some advice from people who know what there doing.
All the best and fair winds,
Al (John B)
(Y)

Hi John, first welcome to the site hope you enjoy your time here.

On resizing your photos, ill ask a few questions first.

1) what operating system are you using IE: windows 98, XP, that sort of thing.
2) do you have any graphic packages things like Photoshop, Paintshop or non at all,

if you can get back with the info then we can see about some help

PS hope it wasn't a big Emergency.

Hi Drone_Pilot,
I've got Windows XP home,
and I've got paint.
I tried down sizing with my Printer, Lexmark X1150, it worked but the photo quality was rubbish.
Thanks for any help
Al (JohnB)(Y)

Hi John,

go to the folder where you keep your photos,
select the image you want to resize by clicking on it using the right mouse button

a new menu will popup, select resize picture a new menu will open,
click on advanced and then click on custom, in the first box enter 700,
in the second box you will have to mess around with the numbers (anything between 450-650)

have a go at this, if you have any problems let me know.

Cheers Drone_Pilot I'll have a go at that and let you know

Al (John B)

Alternatively mate, send the picture/s you want to me via this email address and I will resize them for you and send them back so you can have a go at uploading them.

Welcome to our site mate and glad you took the time to join. welc.

Droney perhaps we could knock up a little presentation with screen shots on how to resize using windows.

Ill have a bash if you like, or perhaps with all that spare timeon your hands you would like to do it clwn; bou;

Course you can mate just post your question in the help forum and we will sort you out from there buddy. army;

If you need any help with a research subject we have a forum called HQ Research Unit. We may not know the answer straight away but we will get back to you with something fairly soon. camo;

Hi again,

I've put the pic on and it's gone bigger than 100Kb but has been accepted for approval:confused: Have I gone wrong somewhere?
Cheers again beers on me next time(Y)
Al (John B)

Great stuff, I'm sorry you had to sort it. I hope you don't have do this all the time. Is there another way for me to get it right?

No nothing went wrong mate, it was a smooth transaction , as they say.
I just reduced it for you so it would save your storage space as intially you only have 2 Mb and if you upload regularly, that will go very quickly.
You got the hang of it just fine mate, no worrys :)

Welcome to Mil.Img JohnB and a great pic you uploaded. Looking forward to seeing any more you may have.

Hiya Bill welc.

If I had a photo of the USS New Jersey I'd put it on, will the USS Iowa do?
Al (John B)

Iowa or New Jersey, doesn't matter. Just upload any pic you want. Besides, and I might be wrong, the New Jersey and Iowa are the same class so therefore basically the same ship. Then again, I'm just an old grunt and know nothing about naval ships. But I do like the pics that members have posted.

once again, welcome to Mil.Img

Welcome to the site, John B. [isn't that a sloop?]. Looking forward to your contributions.

John B- there is a great site called Photobucket where you can bring the pics within size limits. Go to www.photobucket.com. Welcome to the site, mate. Good to have new faces here. welc. welc. welc.