I have returned and find myself greeted by positive news:

Germany's parliament has granted €20 billion ($23 billion) in funds for 27 armament projects today. With the additional funds, the defence budget for FY 2022 was raised to €50.33 billion ($60.1 billion), the first time a German defence budget exceeded that mark. It is now the third-highest in NATO, behind the USA and Great Britain. (Source 1, Source 2, German)

Among the approved expenses are:
  • 5 Boeing P-8A maritime patrol aircraft and associated support
  • 3 Type A424 signal intelligence ships and associated surveillance equipment
  • 2 Type U212 CD submarines
  • 2 Type A707 replenishment oilers
  • Tranche 1B/2 of funding for the Franco-German-Spanish Future Air Combat System
  • 3 Pegasus (Bombardier Global 6000) signal intelligence aircraft and associated surveillance equipment
  • the retrofitting of a first batch of 150 Puma infantry fighting vehicle to the new S1 standard
  • new long-range air defence radars
  • new assault rifle optics and weapon-mounted lights
  • approx. 230 Naval Strike Missiles Block 1A and associated support
  • ballistic-missile defence radars for the Type F124 air-defence frigates
  • new tactical radars for the Type F123 anti-submarine frigates
  • a Joint Fire Support Team variant of the Boxer armoured personnel carrier
  • new patient transport ambulances
  • a wide array of obsolescence removal measures
The Federal Government abstained from requesting funds for the following projects:
  • Tranche 2 of funding for the Franco-German Main Ground Combat System, due to pending negotiations
  • replacement of the Tornado strike fighter, due to political concerns of the junior coalition partner
  • replacement of the CH-53G heavy transport helicopter, due to ongoing legal proceedings

The destroyer Defender of the British Navy, which violated the Russian maritime border in the Black Sea today, was filmed from an unmanned aerial vehicle. The video was published by the RF Ministry of Defense.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

On board video report from HMS Defender by BBC correspondent

The destroyer Defender of the British Navy, which violated the Russian maritime border in the Black Sea today, was filmed from an unmanned aerial vehicle. The video was published by the RF Ministry of Defense.
The video contains no information about the exact location of the event though. So it is pretty much useless.

For a guy that walks like an absolute stud, Putin has no chill.

I find this Russian over reaction sprinkled with fake news interesting. It tells you something about what's going on over there.

Even if we assume the British version of yesterday's events is more accurate than the Russian one, today's threat to attack vessels found to be violating waters claimed by Russia is something else. I'm surprised the regime feels a need to react so vigorously. You know what they say: Barking dogs never bite. If I was working for the Kremlin, I'd be worried of giving the impression that our grip on Crimea is not as firm as it is claimed to be.

Even if we assume the British version of yesterday's events is more accurate than the Russian one, today's threat to attack vessels found to be violating waters claimed by Russia is something else. I'm surprised the regime feels a need to react so vigorously. You know what they say: Barking dogs never bite. If I was working for the Kremlin, I'd be worried of giving the impression that our grip on Crimea is not as firm as it is claimed to be.
Exactly.

On board video report from HMS Defender by BBC correspondent

Proof of warning shots about @3:00

and warning shots warning and shots recorded by Russian border guards.

Makes me wonder what British MoD has to gain by the misinformation?

Damen Naval is building the four frigates (plus a possible two optional extra) together with its partners Blohm+Voss and Thales after the partners were selected as successful bidders in 2020 as the result of a European invitation to tender spanning several years. The first ship is expected to be delivered to the German Navy in Hamburg in 2028. All building work will be carried out in Germany; in Hamburg, Kiel and Wolgast.

Makes me wonder what British MoD has to gain by the misinformation?
Nothing, I'd wager. At least not at a first glance. They can't influence the Russian narrative; but as far as the headlines in the West are concerned, Russia was still unlawfully claiming Ukraine's territorial waters. There's nothing to be gained there. Something doesn't add up.

HMS Defender was boldly steaming through the 12nm zone. All according to international laws.

I believe the point to be shown is, "what will you do about it"?

We even disregard that you lost your S**t and fired guns.

The documents, almost 50 pages in all, were found in a soggy heap behind a bus stop in Kent early on Tuesday morning.
A member of the public, who wishes to remain anonymous, contacted the BBC when he realised the sensitive nature of the contents.
The BBC believes the documents, which include emails and PowerPoint presentations, originated in the office of a senior official at the MoD.

So the documents were found on Tuesday morning and the provocation was done day after.

Seriously, isn't this like the third time in ten years something of the like has happened up there? ?

It's the MoD - speaking from personal experience it's where they place officers who aren't competent enough to be anywhere else. Don't even ask me about the senior executive and her emails.....

Losing sensitive information is what they do best. What they do worst is planning and organisation for the various UK military branches.

Cabinet minister Ben Wallace and the heads of the Royal Navy, RAF and Strategic Command were alerted by the NHS Test and Trace app to stay at home for a period of 10 days after coming into close contact with the Chief of Defence, General Sir Nick Carter, the Ministry of Defence has confirmed.

The head of the Army, General Sir Mark Carleton-Smith, and Sir Nick’s deputy have also spent the weekend in quarantine while they await the result of PCR tests after also attending the meeting but maintaining a greater distance from the commander.

Also present were First Sea Lord Admiral Sir Tony Radakin, Air Chief Marshal Sir Mike Wigston and General Sir Patrick Sanders, Commander of Strategic Command.

Swiss go American after deciding to buy F-35A fighter jets and Patriot missiles​

ZURICH (Reuters) -Switzerland has chosen Lockheed Martin’s F-35A Lightning II as its next-generation fighter plane, the government said on Wednesday, a move that will likely trigger another hotly-disputed referendum over the plan. Neutral Switzerland will buy 36 F-35As after an evaluation found it had “the highest overall benefit at the lowest overall cost,” the government said.

Full Story,

Interesting news, and a wee bit surprising considering the political ramifications. I would like to know how Lockheed Martin managed to beat the other offerings in the Swiss government's criteria of "product support" and "cooperation".