Other Post Theoretical Matchup: Russia vs Turkey

Chazman

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
United-States
Assuming no nukes, who would win a land war?

Go!

The Turks. I presume the battles will rage in and around Black Sea, Crimea, and Caucasus Mountains and not in Siberia. Turkish Navy and Air Force are infinitely better than the Russian. Honestly, I can't find any single component, either quantitative or qualitative where Russia has an advantage over Turkish forces. Of course, the Russians will claim they have the "soul and the spirit"...

Last edited:
War between nuclear states is always nuclear, and there are some nukes on the Inçerlic airbase.
Depends from goals of war.
If goal (for both sides) is a full control of the 100% of the enemy's territory, Russia will have a seriouse problems on the stage of guerillia war, and Turkey have no chances at all.

The Turks. Their Black Sea Navy and Air Force is infinitely better than the Russian. Honestly, I can't find any single component, either quantitative or qualitative where Russia has an advantage over Turkish forces. Of course, the Russians will claim they have the "soul and the spirit"...
At least Russia have Iskander, Kinjal, Bal and Caliber. Most important Turkish targets are destroyed before theynwill be able to say "Of, sh-t!"
And then something like this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very interesting!
Also Russia have at least 8 Su-57 (it amount will be increased), with good radars and long-range missiles and bases in Syria, Armenia and Abhazia, that allow to attack from three directions by our choice. Also Turks have problems with Kurds and energydefficit in economic (that will not allow them to play a ling game and significally increase weapon production.

This thread is listed under the "Similar threads" of the Russia/Ukraine War thread so I keep being reminded of it's assumptions based premise.

"Well this thread aged poorly!" 😏

Maybe do another match up like -Russia vs ...

*checks which countries are accessible without the VMF being sunk by a country without a navy, are military dwarves and aren't in NATO nor a protectorate of the EU, India or China*

Drumroll ... Georgia or Armenia-.

Last edited: