Photos Polish AFVs of the Warsaw Uprising

Polar

Mi Staff Sergeant
MI.Net Member
During Warsaw Uprising Polish soldiers from AK (Armia Krajowa - The Home Army), using few captured tanks and halftrack's. I sreach my hard disk and I find few pic this stuff.

German Jagdpanzer 38(t) Hetzer. Hetzer was captured on August 2nd in Srodmiescie district. It was used as part of a barricade and kept in reserve. It was nicknamed "Chwat".

Barykada.jpg
chwat_11.jpg
chwat_pocz3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
German Panzerkampfwagen V Panther
Two tanks were captured on August 2nd in Wola district. Both were pressed into service by "Radoslaw" Group. One was nicknamed "Pudel" / "Magda". One was lost on August 8th and second on August 11th.

panther1.jpg

tank1.jpg

Polish Improvised Armored Car "Kubus"
This improvised armored car was build by Polish Home Army (Armia Krajowa - AK) "Krybar" unit from Powisle district of Warsaw. Its main role was to be used as personnel carrier for "desant" like attacks on German strongpoints in the city. It was build by "Krybar" with help of workers of city's main powerplant and inhabitants of Powisle district. The entire construction took only 13 days to complete during the Warsaw Uprising under extremely heavy conditions.The main task of "Kubus" was to take part in the capture of Warsaw University complex

kubus-full.jpg

German Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf D Single one captured on August 7th in Starowka district. It was nicknamed "Starowka" ("Old Town").

star1.jpg

German Sd.Kfz.251 Ausf D Single one captured on August 14th in Powisle district. It was in service with "Krybar" Group - Armored Platoon of Motorized Column "Wydra". It was nicknamed "Jas" ("Johnny") and later "Szary Wilk" ("Grey Wolf"). It remained in service until the end of resistance in Powisle district on September 6th.

szary_przej_1.jpg

Powstanie3.jpg

aspira5.jpg

Excellent Pictures Polar!, really great stuff :D :p

This is very interesting Polar, were any of your relatives present during the uprising? :?: :mrgreen:

No, I living in Sosnowiec and I'm 5th generation citizen this city in my familiy :mrgreen: