Intro Following & Finding Family

Waggy

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hello all, no military career here. Spent 7 years in the Royal Canadian Air Cadets to the rank of Warrant Officer. Was in the 32nd Brigade, Fort York, Royal Reg for a turn, but decided to go to Uni and now have a Masters in Maritime Archaeology. My passion for history all started with family mysteries. Early 90s letter correspondence to gentleman who served and knew my great-uncle, John ‘Michael’ Wagstaffe, who was a Warrant Officer in the RAAF, and crashed in 1944 in Malta. Have joined this website out of curiosity, since some one posted a page all about him. Last November I only just discovered Michaels long lost widow, whom our family did not maintain contact with after the war. I have recently acquired photographs of there wedding and am continuing the search. Now I am researching my Great-Grandfather Frederick ‘Foster’ Wagstaffe who served in the 9th Battalion Tank Corps in 1916. And also my Granddad, Frederick ‘Andrew’ Wagstaffe who served with the DLI and 50 Div. in WWII 1943-47. Recently completed a trip to Normandy and followed my granddads footsteps through the whole complain. Next trips: Western Front and Malta.