HNLMS Dolfijn (s808) enters naval base Den Helder with HNLMS van Amstel in the background
55k0t9kziyh51.jpg

Walrus class HNLMS Bruinvis (S810) surfacing
6jnbg5l07sh51.jpg

Royal Marechaussee (Dutch military police) guarding the transport of €10,5 billion worth of Dutch gold yesterday evening, at the national bank in Amsterdam.
2doobf6lqvq51.jpg

Left: HK416A5 with Aimpoint Micro T-2, magnifier, SureFire suppressor and Magpul D-60 drum magazine. Right: Colt Canada C8NLD with Aimpoint Comp M4

Army to upgrade their fleet of 144 CV90s from steel to rubber tracks.

"We're working with the Dutch Army to upgrade their fleet of 144 #CV90s from steel to rubber tracks. What sounds like a small change has a huge benefit when it comes to crew conditions and running costs." BAE Systems, Inc. (@BAESystemsInc)
ElZ4re3XUAAeQRv.jpg

AAVs of the Korps Mariniers conducting water ops
EoVJCB4UYAAfEvh.jpg
These are actually Indonesian AAVs. The Dutch Marine Corps does not operate AAVs. And to post Indonesian Marines in the Dutch thread can be considered offensive by both countries considering our history ;)

These are actually Indonesian AAVs. The Dutch Marine Corps does not operate AAVs. And to post Indonesian Marines in the Dutch thread can be considered offensive by both countries considering our history ;)
Thanks mate, fixed ;)

Dutch Army SF 'KCT' trooper with Mossberg 500 pump-action shotgun.

Actually these are not SF KCT, but airmobile brigade. The long mossberg is used by 'infantry pioneers' for breaching purposes, but can also be used for general purposes. The shotgungs used by the KCT are usually seen without a stock and with a breacher muzzle. The Combat Engineers will be issued a short Mossberg 590 (5 shot tube) with removable stock and breacher muzzle, especially for breaching.

Just out of curiosity … maybe we've got some engineers here who could enlighten me: Those "dents", in the hull of the boat's tower? I assume they're the result of outside pressure? I've seen marks like these on ships, aircraft and even train wagons. And is there a point where they start to become a problem? I'd assume they produce some drag, and that sooner or later fatigue cracks begin to form?

Just out of curiosity … maybe we've got some engineers here who could enlighten me: Those "dents", in the hull of the boat's tower? I assume they're the result of outside pressure? I've seen marks like these on ships, aircraft and even train wagons. And is there a point where they start to become a problem? I'd assume they produce some drag, and that sooner or later fatigue cracks begin to form?
Pretty much on the money mate, the effect is called "oil canning" or more correctly "panting" which is tendency of steel hull plating to flex in and out like an oil can being squeezed when a ship is pitching. On a submarine the fin or sail (depending on the navy) is subject to flexing during dive/surfacing and causes "panting". Given the fin of the sub is mainly aerodynamic and is mostly free flooding it's this that causes the stressing on the steel. It's not usually an issue as it is not a part of the hull per se

20210115_171116.jpg
20210115_181546.jpg

42 Brigade Limburgse Jagers and 412 Armoured Engineer Company training MOUT at Marnehuizen training ground. Dispite the corona lockdown these units conduct training, since both units take part in eFP 2022in Lithuania.