Photos Counter Terror and Special Mission / Operations Units

Great set of photos. Massive respect for these guys. Two very good books on the history of the FBI HRT are Danny Coulson's "No Heroes: Inside the FBI's Secret Counter-terror Force" and Christopher Whitcomb's "Cold Zero". These two books provided great insight of what led the FBI to set-up their own special tactical unit and of course, the incidents at Ruby Ridge and Waco.

Last edited by a moderator:
SBU Alfa "kill house" training facility. I'll let you figure out what I have supplied. :)

07.jpg

SBU Team Alfa arrests a low level Russian spy. Ukrainian Police officer who has been charged with espionage working for FSB and allegedly reporting movements of the Ukrainian units, air defense in particular near the Russian - Ukrainian border in Kharkiv region.

06.jpg

A buddy of mine helps SSO units (Ministry of defense). We don't agree on strategy since he buys as much as possible as cheaply as possible from Amazon. But the guys are happy to get even this kind of materiel support. Sadly, the ALFA unit that I look after in terms of euipment looks like DEVGRU in comparison to the teams from the 3rd and 8th Special Forces regiments.
02.jpg

Are these guys the Ukrainian equivalent to Austria's EKO Cobra?

Yes, absolutely. Although, I keep getting lost in endless Ukrainian special forces reforms, re-organizations, and, of course, service rivalries. There is a lot of mission duplication, inefficient oneupmanship when it comes to equipment. That being said, as you can see from the photos that I've posted National Guard is definitely tops when it comes to equipment and training compared to the armed forces and even SBU Alfa. They are pretty much at NATO-level at this point.

Mexican Army CFE (Cuerpo de Fuerzas Especiales) "Special Forces Corps"

These guys are roughly analogous to U.S Army Rangers. The SFC is the only and main Mexican Army Special Operartions Command and was activated in 2004, these guys were known as "GAFES" in the past (just don't confuse them with Tier-1 FER), most of FER operators come from the SFC. Right now SFC have 6 Batallones de Fuerzas Especiales (Special Forces Battalions) which are basically special operations light infantry.

Few photos:
jttqklmbh2i01.jpg

6hx49lg5umg01.jpg

d530j2x3xpc01.jpg

ysx1aqr5tca01.jpg

^Several SFC members are 18X (US Green Berets) qualified as well Airborne, Air Assault and Ranger School.

^Training with U.S Army Special Forces, also note the MK16 (SCAR-L) rifles in use.
q2i3hbo0nq501.png

fb711ag1lc5z.png

aetokup5lkxy.jpg

pvp4z9d7ehry.jpg

vbc1q9nfv8py.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, absolutely. Although, I keep getting lost in endless Ukrainian special forces reforms, re-organizations, and, of course, service rivalries. There is a lot of mission duplication, inefficient oneupmanship when it comes to equipment. That being said, as you can see from the photos that I've posted National Guard is definitely tops when it comes to equipment and training compared to the armed forces and even SBU Alfa. They are pretty much at NATO-level at this point.

Thanks for the clarification mate. I've loosely followed the reorganisation of Ukraine's security structure and units post-Euromaidan with interest. Did the Ukrainian military lose some of its members to defection (just like the police's Berkut)?