It depends on how these weapons are managed. Also, who is licensed to use them. Its worth a thought, even if its just elite forces such as SAS, SBS, MI5, The royal marines, or the Para's, or even the guard regiments. There's enough skilled vets out there. Its an untapped pool of experience that gets overlooked far to often in all sides of society.

How about automatic deportation for anyone even remotely tied to a terrorist act? They want to kill people, send 'em to Syria. One side or the other will have vacancies.

I am very grateful for my license to carry a concealed handgun. In the next state over, (Wyoming) a license isn't even needed to carry a handgun concealed. Terrorists are cowards at heart and will always first attack targets that can't fight back. In Texas a few years ago, some demented moslem meant to carry out an attack at a gun show. He was dead within seconds, shot by people legally carrying handguns. As well as I know, there have been no further similar incidents since then in Texas.

It's very unfortunate so many governments can't grasp the concept that free men should be able to defend their homes and families. SW

@NebrHogger the USA has had guns in its culture for a long time, imagine giving a load of people here a gun license, would be like giving a kid free reign in a sweet shop. I suppose if it ever happened it would need to be done in stages although I'm still not sure it would work.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see it happen though, just cautious I guess

To get a CCW license here, a background check is done on all applicants. A course on applicable laws and what constitutes a response to deadly force is required as is a range session to ensure applicants are in fact able to handle a handgun. It is firmly established the only cause for drawing your gun is in response to a mortal threat; i.e. to save a life.

Nebraska has a provision that if you have been convicted of drunk driving in the past 10 years, you are not eligible for a license. Neither are people who have had any kind of domestic violence conviction. Any sort of gun violation will also deny people a license - things like poaching or other game law violations such as shooting a squirrel in your back yard. ( I'm at peace with the local tree rats - they remind me too much of my brother ;) )

I don't necessarily agree with the Wyoming law that no license is required, but it's their law, and I don't live there.

Long story short, responsible people far outnumber lunatics who can be identified and eliminated from consideration for a concealed handgun license.

These trying times call for exceptional measures. SW

Chrissy (Christine) Archibald, the first victim named in London Bridge terror attack
Chrissy was a Canadian visiting our Country, Rest in Peace beautiful girl

chrissy archibald.jpeg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/04/first-victim-london-attacks-named-chrissy-archibald/

I just heard there was an incident at a mosque in London today in which a vehicle rammed pedestrians. We're not getting many details here - what's the straight story? SW

Pedestrians struck by van in London
Authorities in the UK have confirmed at least one person has died after a van collided with worshippers near a mosque in north London.
The Metropolitan Police say they are dealing with a 'major incident' as a result of the collision in Seven Sisters Road, Finsbury Park.
Authorities have also confirmed the incident is being investigated as a possible terrorist attack.
A Sky News producer at the scene says the incident happened as worshippers were leaving the Finsbury Park Mosque at midnight Ramadan prayers.

More news here: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-..._SKY_van-strikes-pedestrians-in-london_190617

Still waiting for confirmation that this was a Terrorist attack but it looks likely.

Terrorist hideout stormed in Georgia - Intense shootout three casualties

The Georgian State Security Service has announced that a number of suspected terrorists of "foreign nationality" were captured after police and counter terror units surrounded and stormed an appartment originaly belonging to a female Chechen resident.

The appartment was besieged by law enforcement units that had the building surrounded with armoured personnel carriers.

The suspects were demanded to surrender but refused. Instead they started throwing hand grenades and opened fire from automatic weapons which resulted in the the wounding of three law enforcement officers.

One of them, member of a special unit, died in hospital.

Several individuals were detained after the counter terror unit subsequently stormed the appartment in a heavy exchange of fire.

Georgia-957x598.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

https://www.rferl.org/a/georgia-tbilisi-terror-operation/28869310.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: It is confirmed that three terrorists were killed. One was detained.

The identity of the individuals is still unclear as are their motives.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-42082451

It has also been confirmed now that the operator who got killed was member of Georgia's counter terror unit, which is a particularily heavy loss.
http://georgiatoday.ge/news/8279/Wo...sm-Officer-Dies-in-Hospital-Following-Injures

His identity is not disclosed.

Raw footage which I won't add due to graphics suggest that he was killed by a hand grenade tossed from inside the appartment while standing next to a Cobra APC. Four others were wounded but are stable.

Last edited:
Footage of one of the terrorists getting shot by a policeman in a fire exchange while trying to escape.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tragic loss of the Operator my thoughts go out to his family and his colleagues.
Awesome job countering these disgusting low life

Last edited:
Thoughts for a blue brother and his family......disgust only for these thugs :(

Tragic loss of the Operator my thoughts go out to his family and his colleagues.
Awesome job counter these disgusting low life

Yes, but a lot of heat surrounding this incident. Neither the SSSG nor the lawyer of the detainee want to reveil their identities. It is confirmed that at least the detainee is a Russian citizen. Trying to not offend anyone, but it are / were in all likelyhood North Caucasians, and most likely Chechens. There's rumor that the survivor is a prominent ISIS figure / recruiter, namely Akhmed Chatayev. Guy's been causing controversies for more than a decade. Three countries now, Russia, Georgia and Turkey let this man go despite some evidence of involvement with insurgents and terrorists ( he is physicaly severely handicapped ). Later, not long ago, he got directly accused by some US officials of the Istanbul bombing in 2016. But then agian, rumors are rumors until proven true.
http://www.civil.ge/eng/article.php?id=30668

So while technicaly it was a successful operation, and collateral damage was minimal all things considers, plus no civilian was hamed, there's lots of complaints coming from the public on how the situation was handled. Obviously most of them myself included don't have any competency in regards to counter terrorism or law enforcement but some things seem kind of off. There was also sharp criticism against the media.

I spoke to someone who served in an armed response unit of the police and took part in the 2008 war. I asked him if all the criticism by the public, mostly adressed at the higher ups was justified. He told me that the European Union had special policies regarding situations like these ( possible hostages, collateral damage, bombs - in this case tons of detonation charges and other explosives were suspected and later even found in the appartment ) such as maintaining a certain negotiation time frame before a raid was finaly approved and commenced. ( Can anyone confirm this btw ? and if so like what timeframe are we talking ) It seems like the police tried everything to have this de-escalated, for hours. The police expected them to take hostages and threaten with bombs, so they used that time to evecuate all the other appartments and nearby buildings and just smoke them from a distance after they started tossing grenades and shooting with assault rifles. The terrorsts were surrounded and used said time on the other hand to fortify their appartment so an eventual entry became very difficult. They were in fact so heavily fortified even after a barrage of grenades they were still able to return fire. CT later sent a qadro drone to check on them to see that two had died in there and as we know a third one when fleeing the scene. Another major issue is that the initial raid attempt was apparently covered by news agencies. They were basicaly showing the terrorists on live feed how the counter terror unit was closing in, trying to move up on them when negotiations were fruitless .... and like in other cases around the globe that caused great harm.

38549637046_7f0a2ec126_o.jpg

I personaly blame both. People / officials who are responsible for authorising such ops should give the ones in the field, the teams and their team leaders full authonomy in those situations. When dealing with devoted terrorists, the option to negotiate yourself out of it should at very best be questionable already at this point. Should both avoid giving them enough time to prepare and also keep media completly off scene.

Last edited:
I personaly blame both. People / officials who are responsible for authorising such ops should give the ones in the field, the teams and their team leaders full authonomy in those situations. When dealing with devoted terrorists, the option to negotiate yourself out of it should at very best be questionable already at this point. Should both avoid giving them enough time to prepare and also keep media completly off scene.

Good point

Seems like the rumors were true after all. However not that he is the detainee ....

Georgian authorities confirm Akhmed Chatayev died in Nov 22 Tbilisi siege

0a9a5a71e0b8_sf_9.jpg

“As a result of investigative and forensic activities including DNA tests and fingerprint analysis carried out with the assistance of American colleagues, it was established that one of the killed individuals is Akhmed Chataev,” SUS’s press release reads.

Three suspected terrorists and a member of SUS special force were killed in a lengthy counterterrorism operation on Gabriel Salosi Street in the south of Tbilisi on November 21-22. Two suspects were killed in the crossfire when they were trying to break out from the besieged flat, while Chatayev blew himself up inside.

“It is important to highlight that on the initial stage of the operation, Counterterrorism Department under the State Security Service of Georgia conducted negotiations with them during several hours in an effort to convince them to surrender. In line with the negotiations, with the purpose to protect the security of the residents, evacuation process of the residents of the building as well as its vicinities was being conducted. During the hours-long and intensive operation, their lives and health did not face any danger

“The members of the criminal group rejected the offer of the law enforcers to surrender, opened fire from automatic weapons and threw hand grenades.

http://dfwatch.net/authorities-confirm-akhmed-chatayev-died-siege-49539

Last edited: