Photos Counter Terror and Special Mission / Operations Units

Lithuania's riot [sic!] police special unit ARAS officer (front) and Lithuania's army rapid reaction unit officers attend the Zaibo Kirtis (Lightning Strike) joint anti-riot drill in Svencioneliai, Lithuania, May 10, 2015. Some 3,000 troops will be involved in this week's "Lightning Strike" exercise, simulating a response to armed groups seizing local government buildings, weapons stockpiles and airports to form a separatist government, as happened in Crimea and other parts of Ukraine. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins

Lithuania's police (R) and army snipers take their positions during the Zaibo Kirtis (Lightning Strike) joint anti-riot drill in Svencioneliai, Lithuania, May 10, 2015. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins

I agree. But the US Justice Department is to blame as USMS SOG is being deployed into combat zones around the world as well: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334691

I remember reading this article a few years ago. Insightful one and shows the current blurring of lines between the military and law enforcement in today's world. It kinda "woke" me and made me realize the vast different between military units and law enforcement ones. When I was growing up, the small kid in me thought that "police" means a soldier working among civilians :p

Some good old LAPD SWAT photos. Who else is glad that they didn't switch to an all-camo uniform for urban duties?

swat-2-e1493045035528.jpg

swat-4-e1493044943637.jpg

B15S4557.the-pointer.1319.printer-3.jpg

A0L0232-tight-3.jpg

CTSOB-1-e1493043916118.jpg

CTSOB-5-e1493043946579.jpg

Source: https://lapolicefoundation.org/programs/swat-team/

Yep Camo is not a good look for civil Law Enforcement, sends out the wrong message to the people they serve. Great pics @Josiah

Thanks Bombardier :) I just watched the latest episode of the 2017 remake of "S.W.A.T" and I thought why not post photos of the LAPD SWAT in this forum.

I have nothing against outfitting police tactical units with military grade weaponry. Its just that wearing military-style camo uniforms in urban operations kinda sends out a wrong message.

They basically look like military SOF. What does a cop need a silencer for? Camo? I really can't stand the way these cops dress up as soldiers.

Well, actually the suppressors (not silencers!) are becaming essential for the special mission units who are specialized on to conduct close quarter battle, not just because to reduce the sound of the rounds but the most importantly to elminate the muzzle flash and gives the team members freedom to stick themselves closely without thinking they might actually harm their buddy's face/ear with their muzzle flash.

Another important issue indeed most of the people are thinking that the police agencies becoming more militaristic day by day, but for me it is necessary since the global terrorism has no spesific fronts or boundaries and it mostly occured against civilians in the form of bomb attacks/suicide missions or taking hostages. Therefore L.E. agencies must be equipped and trained enough to counter all of this threats. The times when they were dealing the angry boyz from the hoods as their top 1 concern is over....

Last edited: