1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Video A Common Sight In Northern I Corps

Discussion in 'Vietnam War' started by NebrHogger, Apr 6, 2017.

1. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

Napalm & Willy Pete. Vid almost raised the hair on my neck. Almost. :( SW

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  2. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

I would not!!! want to be on the receiving end of that. And yet they fought on.
    Great video @NebrHogger really shows the horror of war. Respect

3. rotorwash United States

rotorwash Sergeant Major MI.Net Member

Many interesting memories of nape and WP. During the Kham Duc evacuation Jim McElroy and an SF sergeant marked their position with WP in the wire, a Spad dropped nape on the WP that sucked the air out of McElroy's trench but stopped the attack. McElroy looked out and saw the burned bodies hanging in the wire. By the way, all of that video was shot down south in IV Corps, this stuff was used all over.
    In that same battle, two days earlier CPT John White, an Aussie, used 5 napalm strikes in a row to burn an escape route from Ngok Tavek, an outpost at Kham Duc.

Bombardier likes this.