World War II: A Vast Array of Weaponry

GunBunnyInaMAB

Mi Lieutenant
MI.Net Member
I have been a fan of military model building since I was a child. I got away from the hobby after joining the U.S.Army in 1977. After I completed my 2nd tour in 1984, I forgot all about it until I moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1992. I attended an airshow at Kirtland Air Force Base, and it reignited my interests in military aircraft. After moving to Fredericksburg, Virginia in 1998, a good friend of mine introduced me to a wargamming club; where I discovered the Historic Minature Gaming Society. I found I could wargame in the WWII era using 1/72 scale models, and have been building tanks, trucks, jeeps, self-propelled guns, mortars, machineguns, artillery, soldiers, buildings, bunkers, ammo dumps, supply depots, fighters, bombers, transports, and the like ever since.
I never realized how many different variations of tanks there were in WWII. The Germans alone had so many different variations I've been building for over two years and I still haven't constructed them all. I've also built American, British, French, Italian, Polish (the VICKERS TWIN TURRET TANK), and Russian equipment. I'm currently putting the finishing touches on two Russian JS-2 Heavy Tanks.
m_gun; The tanks have since been finished. I am hoping to get a digital camera in the very near future so I can share my collection with you guys! I'm especially happy with my 1/72 scale model of a 54cm self propelled mortor that fired 2.2 ton projectiles a maximum range of 10,000 meters. The tender vehicle is a modified Panzer IV, that could only carry 3 rounds at a time. I also built that as well.

Last edited by a moderator: