Photos US Forces

05 May 1967, An Hoa, South Vietnam --- Mike Tripp, an exhausted Marine, finds refuge inside an An Hoa Church during a heavy North Vietnamese mortar attack on May 5, 1967. The Marines were forced to use the church as a hospital and a morgue. --- Image by © Bettmann/CORBIS
gx75j3gwq4b81.jpg

Flares from planes light a field covered with the dead and wounded of the ambushed battalion of the U.S. 1st Cavalry Division in the Ia Drang Valley, Vietnam, on November 18, 1965, during a fierce battle that had been raging for days. Units of the division were battling to hold their lines against what was estimated to be a regiment of North Vietnamese soldiers. Bodies of the slain soldiers were carried to this clearing with their gear to await evacuation by helicopter.
u4o4fya9p6b81.jpg

Marines riding atop an M-48 tank, cover their ears as the 90mm gun fires, during road sweep southwest of Phu Bai. Vietnam, 4/3/1968, 1st Marine Division
n9tvoedlfbc81.jpg

30 Oct 1967, South of Da Nang, South Vietnam --- U.S. 1st Cavalry Infantrymen huddle a group of frightened South Vietnamese children into a ditch to protect them from enemy sniper fire. The battle scene is 10 miles South of Da Nang.
qwbmpfkfiyb81.jpg

SOG operative Richard Vanderzwalm while with MAC-V SOG Recon Team Bobcat out of FOB -3, Khe Sahn in 1968.
9rtd39vx7db81.jpg

Richard spent 42 months in Special Projects operating SOG missions from Khe Sahn, Da Nang and Kontum.

He also led a SOG Hachet Force raiding company and flew support as a Covey helicopter rider. He served in the military for decades, retiring as a Major after 26 years.

On this day in 1968, the Siege of Khe Sanh would begin during the Vietnam War. During the 77-day long siege, Marines from 3rd and 5th Marine Divisions found themselves nearly cut off and outnumbered.
FJnu3M8VcAMvDde?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg
FJnu3M4VcAI0ir-?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
FJnu3OFVgAg0ftU?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
FJnu3N-VcAQHLae?format=jpg&name=medium.jpg

A U.S. Air Force North American F-100F-20-NA Super Sabre (s/n 56-1222) of the 612th Tactical Fighter Squadron fires a smoke rocket over Vietnam, circa in 1968. Detachment 1 of the 612th TFS (tail code "HS") was assigned to the 37th Tactical Fighter Wing at Phù Cát Air Base, Vietnam, from June 1967 to April 1969. The rest of the squadron was with the 35th TFW at Phan Rang (tail code "VS"). The F-100F was used as a fast forward air control (FAC) aircraft and called "Misty" in that role.
nt2cni57nrd81.jpg

July 1967. A US Army M113 Armored Cavalry Assault Vehicle (ACAV) towing a trailer, followed by an M88 Armored Recovery Vehicle (ARV), and an M48 Patton tank near the Song Rai River during Operation Paddington.
ti7x4sb60sf81.jpg

Marine corps sniper Carlos Hathcock and his spotter John Roland Burke pose for a photo beside their unofficial unit sign in 1969.They wear ERDL camo trousers and they have M14 rifles with AN/PVS-2 Starlite scopes and Sonic SS-1 suppressor
q67qwu2mckk81.png

I'm afraid that is not Hathcock or his spotter John Burke mate.......I'm trying to find out the names of these two and will advise....

I'm afraid that is not Hathcock or his spotter John Burke mate.......I'm trying to find out the names of these two and will advise....
I was pretty sure the guy on the left is Hathcock, let me know how you go mate (Y)

Marine corps sniper Carlos Hathcock and his spotter John Roland Burke pose for a photo beside their unofficial unit sign in 1969.They wear ERDL camo trousers and they have M14 rifles with AN/PVS-2 Starlite scopes and Sonic SS-1 suppressor
View attachment 374438
Guy on the left might be
Name: John Podlaski
Branch of Service: Marines

Members of the 11th Armored Cavalry in the rubber plantation area at Loc Ninh and Quan Loi Oct. 17, 1969
b684026vegl81.jpg

June 1969. A pair of Rockwell OV-10A Broncos of Light Attack Squadron 4 (VAL-4) 'Black Ponies' fly in low over the Rung Sat Special Zone, South Vietnam, in search of enemy activity
4ahk6dq1rcn81.jpg

Officer (wearing 5th Inf Div shoulder patch)
takes information from Rangers of Papa Company, 75th Infantry, 1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division prior to mission.
Pco75th.png

NOTE: mix of M-1956 LBE with M-1967 MLCE pouches, ERDL fatigues and Tiger Stripe head gear.