Rant Troops - No mail

John A Silkstone

Mi General
MI.Net Member
Troops Hit By 2 Months Mail Delay

Soldiers on the Afghan frontline are having to wait up to two months for letters and parcels from loved ones at home, The Sun can reveal.

Only 13 helicopters are available to take mailbags to the 9,000 British troops - when not being used on frontline duties.

One wife whose hubby is at a base in Sangin province said last night: "I'm disgusted. These parcels and letters we send are their little bit of home - and without them morale is low."

The MoD said: "Rations, fuel and ammunition have to come first, and the troops understand that."

News of the delays comes a day after The Sun newspaper told how skint forces' families in the UK are having to beg for food parcels.

This sucks!

The MoD said: "Rations, fuel and ammunition have to come first, and the troops understand that."

They might understand it, but I'll bet they don't neccesarily like it or agree with it. It still definately effects morale. Mail is always the highlight in a soldiers usually boring routine and the further away from home he or she is, the more important it is. This could be fixed if it was given the priority that it deserves. It's shameful to make these people feel cut off from home for such a length of time.

Man, I'd trade my can of C rats for a letter - anybody's letter. How ya doin Frisco?

Man, I'd trade my can of C rats for a letter - anybody's letter. How ya doin Frisco?

That's a true story, RW. [Can I see that naked picture of your girlfriend?] solaf

Westmoreland visited us in the field one time and asked a guy in my platoon when the last time was that he got mail. He told him almost 2wks. The next day EVERYBODY had mail. Westmoreland got a bad rap alot of the time, but he always liked the 101st and we liked him.

I'm doing fine. Getting ready to leave town to go visit James [exlrrp]. Always good to see ya on here.