Milan Mynar

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
Czech-Republic
This is my new project. The model is originally from the Dragon company, packed in a box from the Zvezda company. With all the pros and cons. The pros are relatively few parts, the lack of a drive wheel needs to be extended.

T-80-BV-2.jpg

T-80-BV-14.jpg

T-80-BV-17.jpg

T-80-BV-20.jpg

T-80-BV-25.jpg

T-80-BV-28.jpg

T-80-BV-32.jpg

T-80-BV-34.jpg

T-80-BV-38.jpg

T-80-BV-4.jpg

T-80-BV-8.jpg

Older Zvezda models are buildable with considerable effort. The new ones are easy to build, even though they contain a large number of components. As for Dragon models, I have no experience, I haven't built anything yet.

Did the Soviets ever use the cammo scheme like on the box art ?

I always enjoy your posts and look for hints to improve my modelling skills.

I was looking for a Zvezda T-72 kit for making a destroyed tank diorama, but they're not available here for now.

It's a shame that Zvezda kits are not available in your country. They are still available in my country, even if some politicized fellow modelers = idiots confuse politics to modeling. The T-72 model from the Zvezda company is pressed from the original molds of the Dragon company.

I like the weathering! For AFV antennas, I unravel a thin electrical cord and straighten out one strand. I just ordered a Tamiya T-62 kit on sale and the proper green paint. I hope to make a diorama showing a burned out tank with blown off sprocket.

It is a good idea, to build diorama with a burnt out tank. I would also like to try something similar. I will look at your build, I will be inspired by it.

Back