Question? Should I join the Russian army?

der Kolumbianer

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Colombia
My dream has always been to be a military man, but I'm not interested in being one in the USA (I'm from Colombia), I am attracted to the possibility of being a Russian soldier, but don't you think it's a good idea?
t72b3.png

Solution
Okay, okay, switch to English. And then suddenly someone does not understand, uahuhahuah. Russia is a very interesting and cheerful country, an explosive mixture of magnificent nature, beautiful cities, kind people and Russian culture incomprehensible to foreigners. On the other hand, it is a country with a lot of problems. After the destruction of the USSR, 75% of our industry was liquidated, and indeed the locations from the game "Stalker" were not taken from scratch. Crazy things are happening to the economy, prices are going up ... So the devil only knows how things will change in the near future. I also wrote about the army. It is almost pointless to go to military service - conscripts are now most often a simple labor force, some...
Another kid asking dumb questions, what part of "You can only join if you are a Russian citizen" do you FAIL to comprehend??
oh sorry sir smart, I only saw this note on a news page:On January 2, 2015, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree allowing foreigners to serve in the Russian Armed Forces. This is not a sensational measure: it is simply an amendment to the existing federal law "On the obligations of citizens and military service", which establishes, among other things, the possibility for citizens of other countries to enlist in the army of Russia. President Putin's decree of January 2, 2015 nullifies some statutes and clarifies the meaning of the previous statutes.

Who can join the Russian army?

Citizens of any country in the world between the ages of 18 and 30 who are fluent in the Russian language (the level of knowledge is not specified) and who are not under any investigation or in prision

How many years does the contract ?
The contract with foreign citizens is signed for a period of five years.

I'm sorry if my question bothered you, greetings from Colombia

^---------------- Well, maybe there is hope for Russia after all. But, I think it's a pretty bold step to get up there and swear an oath to defend, to the death, a country that IS NOT, your own.

========
We had a guy on MP.Net who had been in the FFL. I can't really speak as to what exactly thought of it, but I think it was favorable.

You will learn French. Which, should be easier than a Slavic language!

======================

Another thought: Does your home country have a Junior Army or National Guard that you can join "under age" for "boot camp?" You could give it a try?!

oh sorry sir smart, I only saw this note on a news page:On January 2, 2015, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree allowing foreigners to serve in the Russian Armed Forces. This is not a sensational measure: it is simply an amendment to the existing federal law "On the obligations of citizens and military service", which establishes, among other things, the possibility for citizens of other countries to enlist in the army of Russia. President Putin's decree of January 2, 2015 nullifies some statutes and clarifies the meaning of the previous statutes.

Who can join the Russian army?

Citizens of any country in the world between the ages of 18 and 30 who are fluent in the Russian language (the level of knowledge is not specified) and who are not under any investigation or in prision

How many years does the contract ?
The contract with foreign citizens is signed for a period of five years.

I'm sorry if my question bothered you, greetings from Colombia
Your question hardly bothers me, lol! it reminds me of many other similar ones of the same theme I have seen on various forums, the old Yahoo Answers etc.. etc.. Your 16, and have big ideas, dont worry you will probably change your mind once you discover girls and beer.
That said it appears the decree is more likely aimed at the following - "The decree will enable scores of young men from former Soviet republics in Central Asia and other regions who have been flocking to Russia as migrant laborers to instead sign up as soldiers — likely earning higher salaries and receiving military benefits."

But, they might make an exception for you, wont be easy, I was born in the U.k. but served over 21 years in the army of the Republic of Ireland, had to put up with some discrimination and the odd physical abuse from those who felt I was not Irish enough, (my Father was from Ireland, Mother was English, I was born and raised till the age of 10 in the UK.)

Your question hardly bothers me, lol! it reminds me of many other similar ones of the same theme I have seen on various forums, the old Yahoo Answers etc.. etc.. Your 16, and have big ideas, dont worry you will probably change your mind once you discover girls and beer.
That said it appears the decree is more likely aimed at the following - "The decree will enable scores of young men from former Soviet republics in Central Asia and other regions who have been flocking to Russia as migrant laborers to instead sign up as soldiers — likely earning higher salaries and receiving military benefits."

But, they might make an exception for you, wont be easy, I was born in the U.k. but served over 21 years in the army of the Republic of Ireland, had to put up with some discrimination and the odd physical abuse from those who felt I was not Irish enough, (my Father was from Ireland, Mother was English, I was born and raised till the age of 10 in the UK.)

about meeting girls and beers because I doubt it I would like to follow the family tradition of doing military service, my grandfather fought in Korea in the Colombian battalion my uncle in the Colombian army and my father was a guerrilla, sincerely I would like to live the experience of be a military man, but in another country (or continent) that is why I would like to do service in Russia, if it does not work I have 2 alternatives: the Spanish army, or the foreign legion,or taking advantage of the fact that at that time he may already know how to speak Russian because he would study at a university idk

Just to confirm, you want to become a Russian soldier because you like how the Russian military looks and all? Nevermind most people serve in their country's armed forces to protect their country, have you ever given thought to the fine print? Pay, benefits, housing, dependants, leave, potential conflicts you could be shipped to? The possibility of rescinding your contract?

Are you even aware of the serious hazing issue for which the Russian military used to be infamous, all the way up to recruits being beaten to death? The situation seems to have improved in recent years, but still … I can't help but marvel at the thought process behind your question. I genuinely don't mean to be condescending to you, but at your age you should know better.

Just to confirm, you want to become a Russian soldier because you like how the Russian military looks and all? Nevermind most people serve in their country's armed forces to protect their country, have you ever given thought to the fine print? Pay, benefits, housing, dependants, leave, potential conflicts you could be shipped to? The possibility of rescinding your contract?

Are you even aware of the serious hazing issue for which the Russian military used to be infamous, all the way up to recruits being beaten to death? The situation seems to have improved in recent years, but still … I can't help but marvel at the thought process behind your question. I genuinely don't mean to be condescending to you, but at your age you should know better.
If I am aware of these rumors (I do not know how real they are or if they are directly propaganda I do not know), I do not live in a bubble like most of the guys who would like to enlist in the Russian army, I know it can be dangerous but I want to do military service in the army of the Russian Federation

Greetings from the Republic of Colombia

^---------------- Well, maybe there is hope for Russia after all. But, I think it's a pretty bold step to get up there and swear an oath to defend, to the death, a country that IS NOT, your own.

========
We had a guy on MP.Net who had been in the FFL. I can't really speak as to what exactly thought of it, but I think it was favorable.

You will learn French. Which, should be easier than a Slavic language!

======================

Another thought: Does your home country have a Junior Army or National Guard that you can join "under age" for "boot camp?" You could give it a try?!
the French foreign legion would be my second option (or the Spanish army)

none of the 2

PD:nice dog

to know what others think, and see if I have to change my mind ,and I also like to talk with strangers(pd sorry for my english is very badly)

We internet citizens all love to talk with strangers.

The key point here is you think we can make you change your mind?

It’s a bit odd, we’re not here to tell you which army you should join, how you should live your life and which beers to drink (although!).

Anyways as I said before and @AND made some good and reasonable points. There might be a loophole in studying/working/living there and becoming a Russian citizen, the latter won’t be easy, yet still possible. Expect some long and difficult years in the process.

What part of Russian foreign policy appeals to you enough to want to fight for it?
They still use conscripts for about 1/4 - 1/3 of their military, what appeals about working with them?
Did you want to be an officer, or enlisted? I've seen few things indicating that life as a professional enlisted soldier would be overly pleasant.
Have you thought about becoming a heroin addict? It may be a marginally easier/quicker way to F*** your life up.

What part of Russian foreign policy appeals to you enough to want to fight for it?
They still use conscripts for about 1/4 - 1/3 of their military, what appeals about working with them?
Did you want to be an officer, or enlisted? I've seen few things indicating that life as a professional enlisted soldier would be overly pleasant.
Have you thought about becoming a heroin addict? It may be a marginally easier/quicker way to F*** your life up.
Believe me, I don't even know why I want to fight for them, I suppose it's because I like their army, camouflage, etc. Also, Russia seems to me a beautiful country, I know it won't be easy but I don't give up easily, I don't like easy outings.

Believe me, I don't even know why I want to fight for them, I suppose it's because I like their army, camouflage, etc.

I'd consider that a very poor, even immature reason to enlist into another country's military.

Also, Russia seems to me a beautiful country, I know it won't be easy but I don't give up easily, I don't like easy outings.

I'd consider this a mildly better reason, although I'd ask how much time you've actually spent in Russia before I'd concede the point.

I served with a Russian, his parents had immigrated to Australia seemingly against his wishes, his heart was back home. He was a poorer soldier for lacking the fairly mild levels of patriotism found in our military. He wasn't one of the boys, never really fit in, he left as soon as he could.
I served with many Brits. They shared a culture, they fit in, many had prior service in Britain, and looked forward to the better conditions, better weather. I served with a lot of Fijians, they do integrated well, living the Australian dream, having a much higher standard of living than they could achieve back home, they loved Rugby which is a religion in our Army, great soldiers, fit in well.

Immigrants normally do well in the British, American and Australian military because they fully buy into the country. Language, citizenship, being part of the community.