Photos My Modelling Years

...a resin kit of the AEC Armoured car,mission orders.

aec-2.webp
aec-4.webp
aec-5.webp
aec-7.webp
aec-8.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
...many thanks Skyline Drive,but as I mentioned a while ago old stuff can become a work of art even if the kit is not all there or broken,which it never is can still be worked out!

...this vehicle took a lot of cobbling together to make it work. I think it was a stopgap measure to haul a large field gun and crew. This is the Crusader Gun Tower and a 17pdr Pheasant!

17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-1.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-2.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-3.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-4.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-5.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-6.webp
17pdr pheasent gun and crusader gun tower-7.webp

...I worked with a lot of guys who rode big Harley's and Indians ,hell even my own two brothers own Harley Hogs,the closest I ever came to owning a bike was this BMW Sidecar combo which in this configuration had two wheel drive.

Bmw-1.webp
Bmw-2.webp
Bmw-3.webp
Bmw-4.webp
Bmw-5.webp
Bmw-7.webp
Bmw-8.webp
BMW-9.webp

...this one I won Peoples Choice Award a few years ago,took me quite by surprise,and resides in one of the museums that I`m associated with,the RECME Corps is part of that museum...

Allied Captured Shop-1.webp
Allied Captured Shop-2.webp
Allied Captured Shop-3.webp
Allied Captured Shop-4.webp
shop-5.webp
shop-6.webp
shop-7.webp
shop-8.webp
shop-9.webp
shop-10.webp
shop-11.webp
shop-12.webp
shop-13.webp
shop-14.webp
shop-15.webp
shop-16.webp
shop-17.webp

...a dio depicting Operation Market Garden with the Red Devils charging over a foot bridge. The footbridge is quite the piece,very ornate and is made of porcelain! This piece is from the Christmas Village Collection and is very well made. I have used other pieces such as wells and trees,great stuff!!

devils-1.webp
devils-2.webp
devils-3.webp
devils-5.webp
devils-6.webp
devils-7.webp
devils-8.webp
devils-9.webp
devils10.webp
devils-10.webp

...England 1944... a setting of Quonset huts,military personnel, and vehicles. Soldiers hauled out of a mess hut and put to attention,around another corner are some smoke breaks and conversation. The trucks are being readied to ship out. ...so here again are some stuff you can use, how many modellers like coffee and cookies whilst your working on something?? When finished with the package don`t throw it away.The corrugated packing inside works very well for Quonset hut roofing,sealed with white glue,paint it weather a little and your don! If you manage to snag a box of tongue depressors ,good for making the walls!

england44_1.webp
england44_2.webp
england44_3.webp
england44_5.webp
england44_6.webp
england44_7.webp
england44_8.webp
england44_9.webp
england44_10.webp
england44_12.webp
england44_13.webp

In North Africa the Desert Rats took a stand against Rommel and dug in.They were so spread apart the Regimental Doctor couldn`t get to them to see if they needed anything,so the Regnt. provided an armoured car to get around in and of course stalked everything from coffee to blankets.

doc-1.webp
doc-2.webp
doc-3.webp
doc-4.webp
doc-5.webp
doc-6.webp
doc-7.webp
doc-8.webp
doc-9.webp
doc-10.webp

I really like the M16 SPAA at Remagen. I've wanted to build one for a while, but there doesn't seem to be any kits in production and evil-Bay wants lots of $$$ for them.

...I think I used a Tamyia m16 kit and went from there,the best thing is put out the word locally for an m16,post a wanted ad with your local hobby shop and even with your local model club,most guys don`t want the old stuff and are more than happy to part ways with it!! ...Evil Bay,thats a good one! Good luck!

I really like the M16 SPAA at Remagen. I've wanted to build one for a while, but there doesn't seem to be any kits in production and evil-Bay wants lots of $$$ for them.
there is a 1/16th kit by Trumpeter that is in production - its a beast

I can probably find a home for a 1/35th scale version, but a 1/16th would be waaaaaay too big.

...DUKW,DUKW`s are every where!!! Right after I scratchbuilt a DUKW Italiery came out with a kit so had to build a couple. Monty loved the thing so much he made a very bad judgement call and took the DUKW inland on Italy! The switchback roads up the mountain passes proved a daunting task because of they`re length.

DUKW-1.webp
DUKW-2.webp
DUKW-3.webp
DUKW-4.webp
DUKW-5.webp
DUKW-6.webp
DUKW-7.webp
DUKW-8.webp
DUKW-9.webp
DUKW-10.webp
DUKW-11.webp
DUKW-12.webp
DUKW-13.webp
DUKW-14.webp
DUKW-15.webp

I can probably find a home for a 1/35th scale version, but a 1/16th would be waaaaaay too big.

had one of the first 1/16th Tamiya Sherman's for a while - tracks were a pain to put together

It used to live on top of an antique china cabinet I kept some of my painted figures in - left it switched on by accident one day and it dug two rather nice grooves in the top of the cabinet........... oops mil-smile04

I came up with a 1/16th scale Konigs Tiger at a second hand store for 5 bucks and built it as a static model,now that was a monster!! One of the museums was having a raffle ,wanted to raffle away one of my CMPs,I said nothin doing and gave up Konigs Tiger!

...there was a show and competition in Vancouver Ca.,a 1/16th Tiger fully decked out and I believe a Sherman,did displays every half hour and then shut down and placed back on to the display tables. Somehow the sherman became active and destroyed a few models on the table,by the time it was stopped it was almost to the Tiger!