Photos German Military Photos

A German soldier with Fallschirmjäger Regiment-31 (31st Paratrooper Regiment) and a U.S. Marine with Special Purpose Marine Air-Ground Task Force-Crisis Response-Africa 19.1, Marine Forces Europe and Africa, prepare to patrol during a bilateral training exercise on a German military training facility in Lehnin, Germany, Feb. 12, 2019. SPMAGTF-CR-AF is deployed to conduct crisis-response and theater-security operations in Europe and Africa. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by 1st Lt. Christin St. John)

The SAF and the Bundeswehr (German Armed Forces) have successfully conducted Exercise Panzer Strike at the Oberlausitz Military Training Area, Germany.

I'm wondering if Singapore actually shipped their own Leos back to Europe or if these 2A4s were phased-out German models that would be passed to the SAF after the exercise.

Background info:

These orange-tinted goggles might not be so useful in terms of camouflage. The guy in the background blends in quite well with this forest except for his eye-area.

Interesting point. However, I supply gear to the Ukrainian tier 1 operatives who obviously do a lot of "work" in the wooded areas. They specifically request amber or chameleon (basically, pink) lenses, rather than the standard clear and dark ones.

I'm wondering if Singapore actually shipped their own Leos back to Europe or if these 2A4s were phased-out German models that would be passed to the SAF after the exercise.

Background info:
Just as when they come to Australia and NZ, the Singaporeans take their own gear:

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting point. However, I supply gear to the Ukrainian tier 1 operatives who obviously do a lot of "work" in the wooded areas. They specifically request amber or chameleon (basically, pink) lenses, rather than the standard clear and dark ones.

That's interesting. It might have something to do with enhancing visual contrast in a predominantly green surrounding.