1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Movie / TV FILM American Sniper

Discussion in 'All other military discussion' started by John A Silkstone, Jan 8, 2015.

Tags:

1. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Bradley Cooper plays Chris Kyle who was a real life Navy SEAL sharp shooter. The story is based on Chris’s autobiography. He is reported to have over 150 confirmed kills. The movie jumps back in time to show different stages of his life and includes time spent with his wife and children.

I'll not say any more so as not to spoil the movie for you.

The film will be reliesed in the UK on the 16 January 2015. Though the move is good I think it could have been a lot better with Clint Eastwood directing it.

Silky

2. saiga

saiga Content Mod Content Mod

I remember Chris Kyle from one episode of Sons Of Guns, and judging from everything I´ve read about him he was one hell of a guy. Saw the movie. And... well. Clint Eastwood directed it and I love his work but this one wasn´t really my cup of tea. Though I cannot say that I´m looking forward to Sully either, Eastwood should, I think, stick to WW2 movies (Letters From Iwo Jima) and biographies (J. Edgar).

Bombardier and BrassMonkey like this.
  3. BrassMonkey United Kingdom

BrassMonkey Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

Yeah wasn't to excited by the film itself but I have nothing but respect for the subject of the film Chris Kyle