1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Photos "Der Krieg ist Vorbei" - German Pak40 crew surrendering

Discussion in 'Military Modelling' started by razorboy, Feb 4, 2012.

1. razorboy

razorboy Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Back in about 1991 I retrieved this circa 1980 Tamiya pak40 kit from the closet and got as far as assembling it and applying a base coat.

[​IMG]

Back into storage again until two weekends ago.....

[​IMG]

The surrendering crewmen are from Dragon's "Georgian Troops" and for being an earlier kit, posses fairly good facial as well as overall detail.

[​IMG]

I sprayed a random pattern over the gun using Olive Drab PolyScale paint, and through various applications of drybrushing and washes, toned it down to represent a more weathered appearance -

[​IMG]

Figure #1 is about 80% complete.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Work resumes today with Figure #2 (wounded NCO) receiving some minor modifications and additions prior to painting. I usually complete each figure in a diorama to about 80%, finishing the last 20% of painting for each figure in one session. This method allows me to better insure continuity in their "Weathered" appearance and that inevitable last minute discovery of a needed touch-up and or correction.

rb

2. razorboy

Got the Crew about 98% finished .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rb

3. razorboy

I laid down the groundwork this evening .. still a bit of fine tuning to go though...........
    [​IMG]

4. razorboy

Just about another 2 hours on the other two figures and a spot fix here and there and it should be done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    rb

5. razorboy

Finally finished....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for following,
    rb

6. razorboy

Here are some more shots using my old camera and different lighting.... I think I like these better.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

rb

7. bspnick

bspnick Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Excellent diorama RB and excellent quotation also,"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

bspnick

8. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

@razorboy

are you likely to fix your third party image quota or should I delete these threads, I would prefer for them to stay but as you can see the thread has been rendered pointless without your pics