1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Photos Ww2 Living History Association

Discussion in 'Military Re-enactment' started by Bombardier, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Although this is a webiste and would normally be placed in the 'Good Military Website' section I have been allowed by the WW2 Living History Association to use some of their photos so I think this is the best place for it.

site.jpg

This is how the Association describe themselves
    You should visit them at http://www.ww2lha.co.uk/

The photos below are copyright Barry James Wilson and no further use of these images should be made without prior permission.
    (Thanks Barry for the use of these images)

ww2 living history 001.jpg ww2 living history 002.jpg ww2 living history 003.jpg ww2 living history 004.jpg ww2 living history 005.jpg ww2 living history 006.jpg ww2 living history 007.jpg
    ww2 living history 008.jpg

The WW2 Living History Association are a member group of the National Association of Re-enactment Societies (NAReS)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Brit-Pop and saiga like this.
  2. saiga

saiga Content Mod Staff Member Mi.Net Supporter Content Mod

Nice to see good people having fun :D I´d love to see Victory Show one day... well, maybe next year? It´s been on my Bucket List for some time now.

Bombardier and Brit-Pop like this.
  3. Brit-Pop United Kingdom

Brit-Pop Mi Corporal MI.Net Member

The thing with this sort of thing is that it keeps the history alive and the effort these people put on is fantastic, not to mention the cost :)

Bombardier and saiga like this.
  4. saiga

Well, finally I´ve found some time and went through my photograph albums. I found some WW2 reenactment picts and a few videos me and my friends made. Enjoy :)

Battle of Kalište: is a regular event which takes place each year in August and commemorates the actual battle - which took place in Kalište in 1944 http://travel.spectator.sme.sk/articles/1855/kalilte_keeping_the_memory_alive and its casualties not only among soldiers but civilians too, since the residents were accused of harboring partisans during the war, and as a result the village was destroyed, it´s residents shot or they had to flee for their lives.

German SS division.jpg Kalište - villagers.jpg Kalište - villagers3.jpg Partisans.jpg Red Cross.jpg Slovak soldiers.jpg Slovak soldiers5.jpg

diman and Bombardier like this.
  5. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Great photos and really enjoyed the video @saiga
    had a quick look around the web for the 'Battle of Kaliste' but didnt find much (was a quick look though) do you have any useful links for info?

6. diman Russian Federation

diman Mi Lieutenant MI.Net Member

Bombardier likes this.
  7. saiga

I checked, sadly nothing in English, only few articles (Slovak Spectator, wiki etc.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovak_National_Uprising The SNU Museum has got only a Slovak website. But I found someone-something named Kalist VI and lots of Star Wars related stuff :D

Bombardier likes this.
  8. saiga