Other Post Life is worth living!

ArcticWolf

Mi Staff Sergeant
MI.Net Member
I've only had an hours kip around midnight. I'm trying to convince a friend of mine that life is worth living. I can't talk about the circumstances because it's not fair on him, but it's complicated and he's in a bad place, the worst kind...

Anyway, I'm tired and I just want him to know that life is worth it no matter what happens to us. I know my life isn't all that perky now, or ever, but it's worth staying alive, isn't it? I've been to hell and back, and there have been times when setting another foot in front of the other is difficult, but it is worth it, right?

Who knows what treasures tomorrow could bring? If we don't stay here, we won't ever know. I'm sorry if I am bringing back some bad memories for anyone.

If there is one thing I know its that in everything bad, there is something useful to learn. Our experiences in life (good or bad) make us what we are.

Of course life is worth living, if your prepared to live your life.

Make or break time

I agree with that Bombardier. In this case it is also the problem. He doesn't seem prepared to live his life. And yet, he reached out, and I am here for him.

Thank heavens he decided not to go back to the sandbox. He'd not be with us if he had. I just hope it was the first of many more good decisions that he's about to make.

Lad(d)ies, say a prayer for a lost soul, so that he may find peace, in life, and have the courage to face the rest of his life, for the first time on civvy street.

NightStalker

I believe I might have some imput for you. In February 2003 I slipped on ice at work and went down very hard, as a result I had to have surgery on my neck in April 2004, they removed 2 disc's and fused 3 vertebrae. I have a 5in by 1\2in by 1\4in titanium brace and 12 screws holding in place. They paralyzed one vocal cord and took away my beer drinking gland amongst several other things. I haven't been able to work since then. In November of the same year I fell off my front porch and got my first ride in a helecopter , even if it was a LIFE FLIGHT. I had received the worst skull fracture in the world with a blood clot the size of a fist above my left ear and after 9 days in I.C.U. and 7 days in guarded condition, I some how managed to still be here . My I.C.U. nurse explained it to me very simple when I was being moved, she said I did appreciate or understand fully how bad I had hurt myself. Less than one in ten survive this trauma and then not with out major problems. I have alot of problems still, but every day I feel I am getting just a little better. A close friend of mine fell the same distance six months before me and is now with St. Micheal and the angels. Life is not fair but never give up,I have been told I am alive to spread my testament. Life is very precious no matter how bad it looks or how much it hurts, sometimes it is like water in the desert very difficult and some times impossible it seems to find , but it's there. Sorry if I have rambled on so long (courtesy of my head injury). I have been where you are and still am, and believe me it will get BETTER, no matter how dark it is now it is going to get light again soon. 2dics missing

Thank you Nightstalker

Thank you so much for sharing that Nightstalker.

I'm crying my eyes out, because I just had the word of honour out of him that he will not leave this world. He made me a promise, and I know that he will keep it. No matter what he calls himself right now, deep down he's a man of honour, and one day I will make him see that in himself.

He's having such a difficult time re-adjusting to civvy street, and it's only because he lost EVERYTHING he held dear, and everything else, in his life that he's now even considering civvy street at all. He's been a soldier all his life, in all the senses of that word, and it's taken its toll. He doesn't know how to go from here. He looks for military values, and he cannot find them on civvy street. Or could he?

Nightstalker

Yes he will! In Life you can either laugh or cry, so why not laugh?

Give me a sense of humor and
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life, and pass it on to
other folk!

That's re-assuring

Last Sunday he finally told everyone on another forum what had been going on with him and he had a massive response from all over the world.

I'm glad to say that not only will we sort him out, but he's coming over to stay at my house until he can get back on his feet.

I've learnt a lot from this experience too and I will never shut my friends out again. Life is precious and we may not be aware of just how many people love us and care about us until we reach out.

Another friend of mine is slowly coming out of PDSD (Prolonged Duress Stress Disorder). He shut everyone away while he was in the deep end. I'm ashamed to say I didn't know how bad he was until a few days ago. But that's because he didn't reach out, just bundled everything up inside instead. I should've recognised that, I do the same...

Thank you for responding, it means a lot to me, I was at a loss for words and hope. You've helped restore it.