Photos Ukrainian Military

Bushmaster XM-15E3s, long time no see my friend...

Thing is initially Russian FSB supplied pro-Russian terrorists with some gear captured in Russia-Georgia war, bulgarian AKs, old captured AK-74s and stuff like that, they took a careful approach to it, but for me thing became clear when Ukrainians captured GROM manpad, which appeared to be from Georgian contract (serials maching) and was captured by Russians in 2008. Those are bushmasters you see on that picture, and i bet those negevs came from Georgia as well.

There are some rumors here in Georgia that BUK that was used to down civilian aircraft in East Ukraine was one of the systems Russia captured in 2008, not sure about that one, but would not surprise me if that was the case.

It has been proven beyond any doubt that the missile system that brought down MH17 came from 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Russian Federation Armed Forces. I don't think it was a Georgian one, but this will be established during the court hearings.

It has been proven beyond any doubt that the missile system that brought down MH17 came from 53rd Anti-Aircraft Missile Brigade of the Russian Federation Armed Forces. I don't think it was a Georgian one, but this will be established during the court hearings.
I doubt that too, but does not sound impossible to me, especially after GROM missiles being used by Separatist forces. Stories with captured Georgian equipment is very interesting overall

I doubt that too, but does not sound impossible to me, especially after GROM missiles being used by Separatist forces. Stories with captured Georgian equipment is very interesting overall

Initially most of the weapons that the Ukrainians "reclaimed" from separatists, and Russian "volunteers" during the Summer of 2014 came from the former Ukrainian military stocks that were left in Crimea.

Initially most of the weapons that the Ukrainians "reclaimed" from separatists, and Russian "volunteers" during the Summer of 2014 came from the former Ukrainian military stocks that were left in Crimea.
I always found kinda funny that "separatist" almost never use actually captured Ukrainian T-64 tanks during offensive operations and more rely on """captured"" T-72 of latest models...

oh wait that's because the Russian army does all the actual operations, and those clowns in old soviet uniforms and funny hats only show up for Rossya 24 film crews after the battle to tell us how they have beaten Ukrainians in battle... pathetic.

I don't want to turn this into discussion thread, so here are some T-72AV tanks in Ukrainian service, ground forces operate about 55 of such tanks.

id15420-01.jpg

id11255-02.jpg
id11378-01.jpg
id11585-01.jpg
id13006-02.jpg
id16644-01.jpg

I always found kinda funny that "separatist" almost never use actually captured Ukrainian T-64 tanks during offensive operations and more rely on """captured"" T-72 of latest models...

oh wait that's because the Russian army does all the actual operations, and those clowns in old soviet uniforms and funny hats only show up for Rossya 24 film crews after the battle to tell us how they have beaten Ukrainians in battle... pathetic.

I don't want to turn this into discussion thread, so here are some T-72AV tanks in Ukrainian service, ground forces operate about 55 of such tanks.

Significant number of Ukrainian vehicles have been captured by the Russian forces. However, they were in very bad shape functionality wise. There was no way they could have been fixed and refurbished given the time frame of the combat at that time as well as no suitable facilities and personnel to do so. Pretty much steel junk that was recycled.

T-64s that came from Russia were not in better shape either since they were rusting for decades on the Kuban steppes.

T-72s that came from Russia had all the Western toys in them, including French FCS, but the Russian crews were not well trained to take advantage of their equipment. Obviously, units from Kantemirovskaya and Tamanskaya divisions were an exception. All the small scale armor on armor engagements in this war were handily won by better trained Ukrainian crews in far worse equipment.

T-72s that came from Russia had all the Western toys in them, including French FCS, but the Russian crews were not well trained to take advantage of their equipment. Obviously, units from Kantemirovskaya and Tamanskaya divisions were an exception. All the small scale armor on armor engagements in this war were handily won by better trained Ukrainian crews in far worse equipment.
Yep, many Russian army T-72s and their crews met their fate in fields of East Ukraine in 2014-15 period...

Special Forces. To pre-empt questions, no not a new camo ppatern. Apparently, a one off. Female "volunteer" designed and made one camo suit herself. ghillie suit is a cheapie from China.

120.jpg
121.jpg
122.jpg

Any news about COVID 19 in Ukraine armed forces?

Limited to no testing. So far, I have not heard any bad or good news. The brigades that have been deployed to the front lines before the outbreak are probably the safest since there is very little contact with outside world and villages in the immediate vicinity of the front lines are empty for the most part. The movement between occupied territories and the the rest of Ukraine is at a standstill as one can imagine.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Special Forces snipers. One of the cameras used during filming is from your truly (converted GoPro Hero Session 5).

Jr. Sergeant Volodymir Movchanjuk was killed on March 30th, 2020 by a Russian sniper. He served in the 57th Infantry Brigade. Volodymir became the 11th and the last combat casualty for the month of March. 2020.

121.jpg

Unfortunately, I was premature in my statement about the last combat casualty of March 2020. More bad news came in the aftetnoon.

Lieutenant Aleksandr Malanchuk just 22 years of age, fresh from the academy and on his first rotation was killed on March 31st, 2020. Aleksandr served in the 10th Mountain brigade. Scores of Ukrainian servicemen were wound over the last couple of days, and the body count is expected to rise.

01.jpg

Unfortunately, I was premature in my statement about the last combat casualty of March 2020. More bad news came in the aftetnoon.

Lieutenant Aleksandr Malanchuk just 22 years of age, fresh from the academy and on his first rotation was killed on March 31st, 2020. Aleksandr served in the 10th Mountain brigade. Scores of Ukrainian servicemen were wound over the last couple of days, and the body count is expected to rise.

View attachment 214188

Even tough, strict quarantine is in place, local authorities in the city of Chernovtsy made a decision that a young warrior deserves a proper send off to a better place.

09.jpg

Good job by one of the Ukrainian electronic warfare units. Looks like a successful signal interception, i.e hacking since the Russian drone was captured intact with no damage. For those who can't read in Russian, this is "Zastava", a Russian copy of Israeli IAI Bird-Eye 400 UAV.

104.jpg
105.jpg
106.jpg