Video The FFG(X) at Sea Air Space 2018

I am very curious as to what Huntington Ingalls is up to and what the secrecy is about.

I am very curious as to what Huntington Ingalls is up to and what the secrecy is about.
Haven't they put forward the USCG cutter?

Last edited:
Haven't they teamed up with Navatia to put forward the F105 hull?

Navantia is partnered with Bath for the F100.

Hold on, let me find that Ingalls video from a year or so ago......

Last edited:
Here you go...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Basically I'm all in on any of the proposals except the LCS based ones. The Fremm and F100 proposals may be the best "ships", but I'd imagine they will easily exceed the $800-950 million per ship the Navy wants to spend. Ingalls NSC based proposal, (if we ever see it), may be the ship for the role at the price specified.

Basically I'm all in on any of the proposals except the LCS based ones. The Fremm and F100 proposals may be the best "ships", but I'd imagine they will easily exceed the $800-950 million per ship the Navy wants to spend. Ingalls NSC based proposal, (if we ever see it), may be the ship for the role at the price specified.
Agree wholeheartedly with you @Chazman , I think both the FREMM and the F100 are excellent platforms but are "overspecced" for the role and the budget. Ingalls meets the pricepoint and has the capability for the role.

The LCS based hulls, either of them, are IMHO, the worst of any design. I predict therefore that one of these poor efforts from Austal or Lockheed will get the nod! ;)

Agree wholeheartedly with you @Chazman , I think both the FREMM and the F100 are excellent platforms but are "overspecced" for the role and the budget. Ingalls meets the pricepoint and has the capability for the role.

The LCS based hulls, either of them, are IMHO, the worst of any design. I predict therefore that one of these poor efforts from Austal or Lockheed will get the nod! ;)

There is that sad possibility. All indications are that both classes of LCSs were authorized by Congress simply to keep those two shipyards working. Corporate welfare. But now, the USN is wanting actual warships, with range, weapons, capability and the ability to fight and take damage. Hopefully, they'll make the right choices.