Photos The Czech Land Forces Day, BAHNA 2022

Adamicz

Mi Sergeant
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
This is an annual event held at military training area "Zadní Bahna" in the Czech Republic, usually with lots and lots of military equipment to see, historic or present on both static and dynamic displays. It was a bit smaller this time, in comparison to previous years, with no foreign armies participation. Anyway, still a great place for military enthusiasts:)

ZK8ajfP.jpg

DaAcJRN.jpg

S1bHQGb.jpg

XkkqDNY.jpg

UFCqSbN.jpg

FThET0O.jpg

WedDwTN.jpg

8R2LFLu.jpg

kzjrQnO.jpg

3TBpppt.jpg

BdIZIOY.jpg

vgLDgFp.jpg

VRDtIoi.jpg

g8hkmGe.jpg

y6PCf54.jpg

jItDnR8.jpg

x0AUvJJ.jpg

ICNOwXl.jpg

FR5Q7vE.jpg

Panther and the 222 are the highlights for me - Panther in running order must be £5-8m+ - I wouldn't even like the bill to keep it running

Were any of the 38t's there, or any 38t chassis variants - Marder's, Hetzer's?

Panther and the 222 are the highlights for me - Panther in running order must be £5-8m+ - I wouldn't even like the bill to keep it running

Were any of the 38t's there, or any 38t chassis variants - Marder's, Hetzer's?

Sorry to disappoint you but both Panther and SdKfz.222 are replicas:/ The same goes for some of the other Czechoslovakian designs on some of the pics, like Tankčík vz. 33, OA vz. 30 or OA vz. 23.

There was a 38t, indeed, but was running at the other side of the arena. I wasn't at the best spot, got a bit late. A took just this pics of 38t when they were moving it back to Lesany museum:

zswjjDb.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you but both Panther and SdKfz.222 are replicas:/ The same goes for some of the other Czechoslovakian designs on some of the pics, like Tankčík vz. 33, OA vz. 30 or OA vz. 23.

There was a 38t, indeed, but was running at the other side of the arena. I wasn't at the best spot, got a bit late. A took just this pics of 38t when they were moving it back to Lesany museum:

View attachment 391635
Thanks that's the one - just love that tank - don't know why

I was surprised to see someone running a Panther, so thanks for confirming it's a replica

The 222 looked very 'clean' as well (I wondered how the two piece mesh over the turret had survived)

I could see the back door of a 251 on one of the photos is that a replica as well? - possibly a D type with the nice flat side bins

Thanks that's the one - just love that tank - don't know why

I was surprised to see someone running a Panther, so thanks for confirming it's a replica

The 222 looked very 'clean' as well (I wondered how the two piece mesh over the turret had survived)

I could see the back door of a 251 on one of the photos is that a replica as well? - possibly a D type with the nice flat side bins

That 251 would be an OT-810. A lots of 251's you see these days running all around the world in reenactment groups are in fact originally the Czechoslovakian OT-810 that has been developed in the 50's based on the 251. Although there should be at least two running 251's in the Czech Republic, there was none of them on this event.

An original OT-810:

A0eyFIK.jpg

An OT-810 modified into SdKfz 251/22 (251 version with 75mm AT gun)

kZJFEov.jpg

OT-810D (OT-810 with 82mm recoilless AT gun)

Ovnoc4a.jpg