Photos Old Military Recruiting Posters

Kaiserschlacht

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
I thought this was a good idea to share old military recruiting posters from every parts of the world. If there's already a thread about the same subject,or is in the wrong section,thank you to merge/move this thread. @Bombardier
-
I start with this French one,dating back from 1781(!).

In 1781, Monsieur de Nansouty de Beauregard, "first Lieutenant in the Regiment of Guienne, employed in Recruit in the province of Burgundy,residing in the street du Collège, in Dijon",recruited for his regiment of Guienne,currently "in garrison in Provence",a new company of grenadiers and chasseurs. (hunters)

In a "Notice to the Beautiful Youth," Her Majesty's Army accepted only the young men of "good and honest families," and offered to these recruits "very good Engagements," (I think this meant rewards,or salary) without forgetting "Forty sols a day" for their travel to the garrison.
"Those who would procure him "handsome men" would be "generously rewarded."

bbs.jpg

(A rough translation)

"Notice to the beautiful youth,

Regiment of Guienne,in garrison in Provence,

By the King,

The young men of good and honest families,willing to serve his Majesty in his French infantry have then to adress to M. DE NANSOUTY DE BEAUREGARD,first Lieutenant in the Regiment of Guienne, employed in Recruit in the province of Burgundy,residing in the street du Collège, in Dijon.

As he pledges for the recruiting of a new company of Grenadiers and Chasseurs,they are sure to be generously rewarded,and would additionally receive,for their travel,40 sols a day til the garrison.
Those who would procure him handsome men would be generously rewarded.
"

Poster Name - Gee!! I Wish I Were A Man, I'd Join The Navy - Be A Man And Do Pt - United States Navy recruiting station / Howard Chandler Christy 1917.
Call Number - POS - US .C58, no. 10 (C size) [P&P]
Reproduction Number - LC-USZC4-1124 (color film copy transparency) LC-USZ62-42150 (b&w film copy neg.)
Summary - Poster showing a young woman in a Navy uniform.
Medium - 1 print (poster) : lithograph, color ; 105 x 68 cm.
Created/Published -1917 - Christy, Howard Chandler, 1873-1952, artist.
Repository - Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA

Poster Name - Fight, let's go!
Collection - University of North Texas - Government Documents Department - World War II Collection
Medium - 1 poster : col. ; 107 x 71 cm.
Created/Published - U.S. Navy Recruiting Bureau - Creator (Artist):Barclay, McClelland (1981-1943) - Date: 1941
Description - A sailor in a Service Dress Blue uniform carries a large white sea bag on his shoulder. He appears to be boarding a ship. Planes fly in the sky above him, some in formation. A large ship can be seen in the background.

Poster Name - Dish it out with the Navy! Choose now while you can.
Collection - University of North Texas - Government Documents Department - World War II Collection
Medium - 1 poster : col. ; 107 x 72 cm.
Created/Published - U.S. Navy Recruiting Bureau - Creator (Artist):Barclay, McClelland (1891-1943) - Date: 1942
Description - Two sailors in white sailor hats prepare to load ammunition into a large weapon which is being fired and is operated by other sailors in helmets. All the sailors wear blue pants and white t-shirts, except for the sailor in the foreground who is shirtless and holding a large artillery shell.

Regardless of what may think of the Nazi' those Art Deco recruiting poster are excellent.

WWI USA 1917.. Vojtěch Preissig, , artist

Date Created/Published: [New York] : Published by Recruiting Committee of the Mayor's Committee on National Defence, [1917?] (N.Y. : American Lithographic Co.)

Title: U.S. Marines - serve America on land and sea
Date Created/Published: [between 1914 and 1918]

Creator(s): Edrop, Arthur N., artist
Date Created/Published: New York]: The Hegeman Print, [1917]

Ok.. I know this is just a recruiting poster however nobody ever watched flight ops in the catwalk with their undress blues on complete with a white hat.. ain't happenin!!

A Turkish Army propaganda poster of 1970s. Soldier posing with his G1 (West German FN FAL model) attached with bayonet.
Description says "The Victory is Front of the Bayonet"

1rqgec.jpg

A hand poster of the Turkish War of Independence calling women to arms. Around 1919-1920s

96x012.jpg

Some Ottoman & German WWI recruitment posters

5pmkyb.jpg

bjcrp1.jpg