Quiz movie quotes

Hey Fingers.....didn't you start your own taxi service in Plymouth dockyard? A 4 tonner wasn't it?

I stand corrected about not following procedure! I have no idea as to the quote. As to mine, it was a very famous phrase, repeated several times in the film and to give it away, took place at D-Day.

I knew it looked familiar :? ....Obviously my movie quote quotient leaves abit to be desired :lol:

D Squad...I'm Spartacus.....no I'm Spartacus...no I'm Spartacus.....in case you missed it, I think it's Spartacus

Right lad you are lad! Missed right over my noggin :lol: :lol: Again Sparky , I am not the best quote guesser!

The last one was Commando, starring the governor of California. I think he was talking about politicians at the time... :mrgreen:

Ah , yes.....Schwarzenegger!! The Governor of California....God bless him for he needs all the help he can get running that state! :lol: I never saw Commando , and it is sitting on the DVD player at my grandparents house.....Is it worth borrowing to see it Sparky??? I really liked Predator , as I thought that was one of the more interesting films he did....Is it similar??

D, I'd watch it for some tongue in cheek cheesy lines, but take your brain out and put it in a jar before you press play...it's surplus to requirement ! :lol:

...and no, it's nowhere near as good as Predator IMHO.

" My men are not expendable.........and I don't do this kind of work"

another quotes

and yet another quote..."Rodger thats a special forces tattoo"

Sparky this is from the eighties so you might struggle being a young sprog still sat in front of the tube watching magic roundabout !!!! :lol:

Easier than you that one Fingers..........

Lethal Weapon , it was Mel Gibsons line after the hooker Dixie's line was blown up..

"hey what the hell, thin's my middle name......yeh you're wife's cookin' i'm not surprised "

Sparky said:
Lethal Weapon , it was Mel Gibsons line after the hooker Dixie's line was blown up..
All dressed up and no one to blow - Danny Glover, same film!

" My men are not expendable.........and I don't do this kind of work"

Right you are :mrgreen: !

That was one hell of a movie , and I am more than abit surprised he was only in the 1st one. As far a lethal weapon goes , I like Gibson okay , but I cannot stand Danny Glover ncool; Suffice it to say that I wouldn't p!ss on him if he were on fire :lol:

Did you ever see Gibsons first movie?? Mad Max??? That was a cool movie!! Now thats going a ways back!! :lol: :lol:

Yeh I remember the Mad Max trilogy, though only the first one was ever any good...if you've seen the shocking " Waterworld" with Kevin Costner, Jeanne Tripplehorn and Dennis Hopper, you'll see that the idea for this washout ( in every sense) is based around MM.

I think I'm right in saying though that Mel's first commercial film was called "Tim", he looks very young in that....oh and it's pants so don't rush to your nearest Blockbuster to find a copy ! :mrgreen:

If any of you guys have watched some of the recent movies, "i shall walk unto the valley of death, but i shall not die, for i am at 80000 feet and climbing."
JAG the movie

Been busy Sparky , but I am finally free for a moment......I must confess that I have never had the pleasure(or displeasure whichever applies) of viewing the film 'Waterworld'. I know it received some fanfare when it debuted , but I only briefly remember what it was even based upon....It makes sense that they would rip off Mad Max though.....I agree with you , the first one was good , and the other 2 sucked. I am not a huge fan of most of Kevin Costners films , although one of my aunts seems to like him alot.

He's a mixed bag D, ...Dance with Wolves, great ! Open Range , great, JFK, great, 13 days great...bodyguard, poor, waterworld, poor, the postman poor, though that was the film in general...he can turn it on when he needs to, but there are better out there. mind you, the same could be said of Tom Hanks.

the same could be said of Tom Hanks

Agreed Sparky....Good analogy with Hanks....one which I thought was terrible that Costner did was Wyatt Earp......Whew! It was BAD , although part of that was the film.

D, yes I agree, I think Dennis Quaid stole the show as Doc Holiday.. it was bad timing too, it was released at the same time as Tombstone, which was the same story but a superior film. Though there too the scene was stolen by the supporting cast, not least Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday...."I'm yer huckleberry"

Okay Guys, time for me to try. Who said,"OOHH, DANNNYYYY!" and the name of the movie.

Shoot ED, I like my films, but that's got me....any chance of a little more to go on? :shock:

Shoot ED, I like my films, but that's got me....any chance of a little more to go on?

:| hmmmm...that quote sounds vaguely familiar but I may be just getting senile and thinking everything sounds that way :lol: :lol:

Heck no. Any more of a clue would be giving it away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, okay. Just a teensy one though. It ain't the song. bm; bm; bm;