1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Mil News Martin Mcguiness Is Dead!

Discussion in 'Military News articles' started by Bombardier, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Martin Mcguiness has died.

Martin_McGuinness_MLA.jpg

Read more on the BBC
    Who was Martin Mcguiness

I know that most of my brothers and sisters in arms will be celebrating this news, I for one cannot forgive this former IRA commander for his previous activities and will likely be sharing a drink with friends as a result.

It cannot be ignored though that Mcguiness turned over a new leaf and was instrumental in the Peace process in Northern Ireland, it could also be argued that his efforts and commitment to peace in Northern Ireland may have saved many military, police and civilian lives, who knows?

I have no problem with people wanting a united Ireland however the issues run long and deep and as a result I think that will be a long time in the future, if at all.

Dont get me wrong I make this post with a happy heart that a man who was instrumental in many many deaths has slipped off this mortal coil, I just think regardless of my hate for him and the likes he ended his life trying to put right the evil he was once involved in. I will however never forgive his involvement.

I once made a post about Operation Loren in Northern Ireland
    You can read it here
    http://www.militaryimages.net/threads/operation-loren-northern-ireland-1992.5791/

at the end I made this statement and it still holds true today

The last paragraph hopefully explains why I have to give Mcguiness some credit for trying to achieve my hope for NI.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. Bigbird United Kingdom

Bigbird The Bird Thats Big MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

Lord Tebbit describes Mcguiness on the BBC news as a coward and that he opted for the Peace process as a way of avoiding justice.
    He says that Mcguiness new the higher echelons of the IRA had been infiltrated by British Intelligence and due to his cowardice he left his life of violence only to protect himeslf.

Margaret Elizabeth Tebbit, Baroness Tebbit, née Daines, is a former nurse who was severely and permanently paralysed by the IRA's 12 October 1984 bombing of the Grand Hotel in Brighton, where she was staying with her husband, Norman Tebbit (Lord Tebbit), then Secretary of State for Trade and Industry, during the Conservative Party Conference.

Bombardier likes this.
  3. Bombardier

I have to accept that Lord Tebbit may be right, interesting point
    He does however accept that Mcguiness played an important part in the peace process, he just questions his motives.

4. Pretorian United Kingdom

Pretorian Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

martin mcguiness ira.jpg

The Bloody Sunday Inquiry found he was "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" on the day British troops shot 14 dead in Derry.

He was a murderer glad he has gone

5. Bombardier

Me too mate, just thought it was important to mention his work in the Peace process, do you have any thoughts on that?

6. Pretorian United Kingdom

Well it cant be ignored but like Lord Tebbit's comment it was probably because he was a coward and in it for himself

7. Bombardier

8. Bombardier

The more I read & listen to the views of others regarding Mcguiness the more I understand and begin to realise that my initial thoughts of Mcguiness's efforts regarding peace were completely wrong.

I now believe that his intentions in the peace process were selfservient.

listening to this Irish Minister sealed the deal.

9. Dave Every United Kingdom

Dave Every Mi Lance corporal MI.Net Member

10. saiga

saiga Content Mod Mi.Net Supporter Content Mod

Another IRA's dog's dead? Good.

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  11. Bigbird United Kingdom

Bigbird The Bird Thats Big MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

This reflects my view of Mcguiness and also the blundering idiots who honour his wretched life

To the liberal elite and its media Martin McGuinness was a great man. To ordinary Britons he was a murdering , torturing thug. No wonder so many despise the ruling classes
    • Martin McGuinness was laid to rest in Londonderry two days ago
    • But from the liberal elite's tributes you'd believe he was a lifelong peacemaker
    • For decades McGuinness was a high-ranking member of the IRA
    • Under his leadership the IRA committed countless terrorist atrocities

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McGuinness-murdering-thug.html#ixzz4cjsSKFIU
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bombardier likes this.
  12. Pretorian United Kingdom

Peace Maker My arse :mad:

20E3736E00000578-4347894-McGuinness_grew_up_in_a_city_scarred_by_sectarianism.jpg
    McGuinness grew up in a city scarred by sectarianism but plenty of other Catholics in the same environment chose a different path

Bombardier likes this.
  13. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

My belief is that McGuinness saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. I truly believe that his commitment to the peace process was a self serving move that worked well for him. His hands had blood to the armpits and it doesn't wash off regardless of the liberal appetite to sanctify him.
    IMHO the only thing that can better this murderer shuffling off this mortal coil is for Gerry Adams to follow suit in quick time. Just my 2c

My dad is a Londonderry proddie, 4 of his siblings were proddie, the other 5 were catholic ;)

I will always remember my dad during the 70's, from the safety of Australia telling me that the only way to solve the deep rooted issues in Ireland was to nuke the place and start again! :D

Bombardier likes this.
  14. Bombardier

Your dad was a wise man, the issues are so deep rooted it is unlikely that they will ever be resolved (Sadly)

BravoZulu likes this.
  15. ENGINEER United Kingdom

ENGINEER Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

If he hadn't started a war, there would be no need for peace to be made. Pity he didn't meet an SAS troop .

Smiffy and BravoZulu like this.
  16. Smiffy United Kingdom

Smiffy Mi Corporal MI.Net Member