1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Admin Hotlinking To Images

Discussion in 'Admin Shout Box' started by Bombardier, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Just a reminder if you are posting images to the forums.

Do not hotlink directly to another websites images, use a free image host or upload them to our Media section or upload directly to the forum post you are making.

Hotlinking uses the bandwidth of another persons server and is not allowed.

See here for help on how to upload pics to your posts
    http://www.militaryimages.net/threads/uploading-pics-to-your-posts.5857/

Thank you for your co-operation

Respect
    Bombardier

BravoZulu and bdpopeye like this.
  2. bdpopeye United States

bdpopeye Mi General TAARB MI.Net Member

Well stated.. hotlinking is one of my pet peeves in another forum I visit. skyscrapercity...believe it or not they allow hotlinking & massive photos...but it is a great forum and one of the largest online.

In a forum that I was the head mod for seven years this is what I wrote about hotlinking.

"Gents.. do not hot-link your photos. Use a photo hosting site such as imageshack, imgur, photobucket..there are many, many others. DO NOT use tinypic. After a few months they will re-issue your URL of your photo to some bonehead that post..well anything.

Thank you."

[​IMG]

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.