Movie / TV Dune 2020

I can hardly wait. As a long time Dune fan, the last movie really hit me with its atmosphere.

The aesthetic was really on point. And Villeneuve is really really good at giving a sense of scale on things.

Bautista, though with little screen time, was a very convincing Rabban and I am glad he is not wearing the Drax-stamp with him. He was amazing in Blade Runner, despite, again, his short time on screen. And pretty good as well in Knock at the Cabin.

The 1984 had good things, and I still believe their desert-suit was much better than the ones in DUNC. Their Sardaukars looks also more threatening in their heavy rubber suits.

The aesthetic was really on point. And Villeneuve is really really good at giving a sense of scale on things.

Bautista, though with little screen time, was a very convincing Rabban and I am glad he is not wearing the Drax-stamp with him. He was amazing in Blade Runner, despite, again, his short time on screen. And pretty good as well in Knock at the Cabin.

The 1984 had good things, and I still believe their desert-suit was much better than the ones in DUNC. Their Sardaukars looks also more threatening in their heavy rubber suits.
1984 version holds its own in many ways. I always hated the ornithopter design in it though and I was "F* yeah", when I saw the new version.

1984 version holds its own in many ways. I always hated the ornithopter design in it though and I was "F* yeah", when I saw the new version.

Oh yeah, their design was clunky and ridiculous as hell in the 1984 version; but the new version was pretty amazing and clever in its approach.

I am both glad to have seen Walken as the Emperor, but, at the same time, a bit... "disappointed"? Or underwhelmed?

He looks good. But... he gives out a Cleon vibe.

But if it is a trilogy (is it?) it "seems" the movie will go beyond the ending of the 1984 version.

Eeeeewww!? Walken as Padishah Emperor? I will withhold judgment until I watch the movies.

As to the trilogy: We are not even through the first book yet. Dune Messiah is a ways away!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's ok but i will always have a soft spot for the 1984 version.
I love the new versions, but I also love every other iteration of Dune from the books to the games to the filmatizations. 1984 version has some things I am not a fan of, but all in all I am happy that we have it too.

I love the new versions, but I also love every other iteration of Dune from the books to the games to the filmatizations. 1984 version has some things I am not a fan of, but all in all I am happy that we have it too.
The timelapse of this new one is too short imo

Back