Photos Counter Terror and Special Mission / Operations Units

More pics of "my" team. "Thanks" to a major and unheard of f**k up by another department (waiting for English language story and Tarantino movie :) ) all "Alfa" teams, counterintelligence operatives became involved in one of the largest (maybe the largest) manhunt in Ukrainian history.

So, the usual the State sullied NVG, but no way to wear them. Helmets that were supplied to my team back in 2016 didn't even have shrouds. Nobody heard of counterweight, either. And the portrait. Honestly, the portrait pic doesn't have much of the stuff that I have supplied, the Ukrainian government stepped in back in 2018.

300.jpg
301.jpg
302.jpg

I do like the tiger stripes. Tried and failed to blag a set when I played with the Foreign Legion in Guyana back in the day.

No, I did an exchange posting at EMHM but that meant that I also got the chance to go on a lot of other visits where they needed someone that spoke French and had a (vague) understanding of the French military...

A couple of my "kids". Equipment is uneven. Not enough of "gadgets" to go around. Even cheap red dots like SIG Romeo 5 that I've supplied a couple of years back to serve in back up role or during training are now being used as primaries.

100.jpg
101.jpg

No, I did an exchange posting at EMHM but that meant that I also got the chance to go on a lot of other visits where they needed someone that spoke French and had a (vague) understanding of the French military...

Instructor?

For the uninitiated, FSB Grad (formerly known as KGB "Baltica) is counter terrorist unit in charge of high risk operations in the city of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region. While the word Grad means hale in Russian, few people realize that in this particular case, GrAD is an acronym, which translated from Russian means Gruppa Aktivnogo Deystvia: Active Action (or response if you prefer) Unit. And one more thing, members of GrAF absolutely hate when someone calls them "mini-Alfa".

Last edited:
For the uninitiated, FSB Grad (formerly known as KGB "Baltica) is counter terrorist unit in charge of high risk operations in the city of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region. While the word Grad means hale in Russian, few people realize that in this particular case, GrAD is an acronym, which translated from Russian means Gruppa Aktivnogo Deystvia: Active Action (or response if you prefer) Unit. And one more thing, members of GrAF absolutely hate when someone calls them "mini-Alfa".

Why they call them Mini Alpha?? that makes me laugh!!! lol!!!

Why they call them Mini Alpha?? that makes me laugh!!! lol!!!

You have to dig deeper into Russian history when St. Petersburg was the capital of the Russian empire sinc the early 18th Century until the Bolsheviks moved the capital back to Moscow in 1918, and the residents of St.Petersburg / Petrograd / Leningrad / St. Petersburg again still hold the grudge. So, colloquially, St. Petersburg is referred to as the "Second Capital", "Cultural Capital", "Northern Capital", etc. Basically, the residents of the City on the Neva river absolutely refuse to accept themselves as inferior to Moscovites :) Hence. Special name for CTU unit, rather than "regional" Alfa, or God forbid, "mini alfa".