Depends on the command at the time.
COLBAT hosts the Death March every rotation.

I also remember losing a Volleyball tournament to a team of much shorter Colombians when I was there too.

Depends on the command at the time.
COLBAT hosts the Death March every rotation.

I also remember losing a Volleyball tournament to a team of much shorter Colombians when I was there too.

Yeah that Death March over the Sinai Dessert right?, I am going to search for pictures

1v4q15zv17b41.jpg

Yeah that Death March over the Sinai Dessert right?, I am going to search for pictures
MFO has a very extensive Facebook page. Mostly US soldiers but I’m sure there are plenty of references to the Death March.

I will have to search my photos from that deployment but I’m pretty sure I have photos with some Colombian soldiers that I took a trip to Israel with.
We decided to do the tourist thing and got baptized in the Jordan river together.

Army Soldier Rivero, from the Infantry battallion No.12

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

US Army paratroopers will arrive this week in the country to perform joint military exercise
This first multinational strategic exercise will take place between January 23 and 29.

On Thursday afternoon they have arrived at the military base of Tolemaida, located in Nilo, Cundinamarca, 75 paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division of the United States Army, from Fort Bragg, located in North Carolina, and 40 members of the Southern Command that will carry out the first multinational strategic exercise between January 23 and 29.

"The paratroopers of the United States Army arrived aboard a
Boeing C-17 Globemaster, military aircraft for heavy logistic use, performs
tactical transport missions, medical evacuation, troop deployment
airborne and paratrooper launch, providing field assistance
required to sustain the force that is under development, "said the Colombian Military Forces.

The 82nd Airborne Division of the United States Army, known as the "United States Honor Guard," is remembered for its participation in the Battle of Normandy, which occurred on June 6, 1944, a military action that allowed the liberation of Western European territories

These multinational strategic exercises are carried out to strengthen coordination and cooperation mechanisms for regional security, ensuring interoperability to act in coordination against transnational threats.

Colombia, for its part, will contribute the experience of its Special Forces, (used to locate and neutralize the so-called high-value targets, among others). The Colombian Air Force warplanes will take part in the exercises: the Kfir, the C-295 and the C-130, as well as helicopters and aeromedical transport units, according to official information from the Military Forces command.

The training will focus on two operations. The first will run over the weekend and will focus on an "airborne exercise for the launch of paratroopers from Colombia and the United States." Its mission will be to protect and recover an airport at risk from alleged terrorist threats.

The second activity, scheduled for January 29, will focus on repelling an "air offensive" attack.

Brazil uniforms will be part of the training as observers in this first strategic exercise.

US Army 82nd Airborne Division Paratroopers Depart for Dynamic Force Exercise in Colombia.

Paratroopers assigned to 1st Battalion, 325th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division watch Colombias Paratroopers descend on January 23, 2020 in Tolemaida, Colombia The Paratroopers are in Colombia to take part in a multi-national airborne exercise alongside their Colombian partners.

U.S. Army Paratroopers from 82nd Airborne Division Artillery (DIVARTY) conducts a Multinational exercise alongside National Army of Colombia at Tolemaida Air Base, Nilo, Colombia on January 23, 2020. These Exercises demonstrate operational reediness and enhance interoperability in Airborne Operations. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Andrea Salgado Rivera)

US Army 82nd Airborne Division Paratroopers Depart for Dynamic Force Exercise in Colombia.

Paratroopers assigned to 1st Battalion, 325th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division watch Colombias Paratroopers descend on January 23, 2020 in Tolemaida, Colombia The Paratroopers are in Colombia to take part in a multi-national airborne exercise alongside their Colombian partners.

U.S. Army Paratroopers from 82nd Airborne Division Artillery (DIVARTY) conducts a Multinational exercise alongside National Army of Colombia at Tolemaida Air Base, Nilo, Colombia on January 23, 2020. These Exercises demonstrate operational reediness and enhance interoperability in Airborne Operations. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. Andrea Salgado Rivera)

The 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division Paratroopers spent the day training alongside their Colombian partners as they prepare for their upcoming Airborne Operation in support of U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM)'s Dynamic Force Exercise!

They coordinated logistical aspects of the Airborne operation, conducted Jumpmaster rehearsals, trained alongside Colombian riggers and trained with the Colombian 2nd Special Forces Battalion on rapidly onloading and offloading UH-60 Blackhawks.