1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Question? Action cam advice.

Discussion in 'Ask A Question ??' started by berkut76, Mar 18, 2018.

1. berkut76 United States

berkut76 Mi Lieutenant TAARB MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

I need some help and advice. The Alfa unit that I took under my wing doesn't have an action cam. I'm working on GoPro Session 5 setup, but I want it to get it right so I'm taking my time. In the meantime, I'm looking to purchase an inexpensive Chinese-brand camera (I'm looking to spend no more than $150 including the molle, helmet, and picantiny mounts) to hold them over. The issue at hand is that $50-$60 cams from Amazon were bought for other units, and most have failed already. The cam is going to be used in combat and SWAT type operations, so reliability and ruggedness top the list of requirements.

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  2. vonFeilitzsch Germany

vonFeilitzsch Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member

DonĀ“t of anythig within that pricerange. I see action cams on a daily basis that are rugged and everything but the prices are way above of what you want.

BravoZulu and berkut76 like this.
  3. vonFeilitzsch Germany

vonFeilitzsch Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member

BravoZulu, Bombardier and berkut76 like this.
  4. berkut76 United States

I would actually keep this in mind. Because in Ukraine who knows. Today I work with Marines and Alfa, tomorrow it might be a firefighting team.

5. 633 squadron

633 squadron Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

i use the wimuis one (not sure what model)

6. berkut76 United States

I think I found a compromise solution. If it'll work, I'll post pics... in a few months.