Intro The After Action Review Board landing page

AAR Galileo

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Hi all,

AAR Galileo. Former dog handler in the French Marine Troops. Then student, teacher, scientist, ... Now living in Edmonton, Alberta and working at the University of Alberta
I am playing a lot of computer wargame/simulations and I am beta tester for Command - Modern Air/Naval Operations so I follow the evolution of the hardware and tactics of some countries.

And for Bombardier, I am Galileo at the AAR forum.

@AAR Galileo I used to spend a lot of time in Edmonton when I was serving a six month Tour at the British Army Training Unit Suffield, near Medicine Hat. Awesome place would love to return one day.

I spend some time around the BATUS doing photo shot for some university project some years ago.
pGV3Vt2.jpg
Medicine hat and around is a fanstastic place, lot of wildlife like Antelope (Pronghorn Antelope).
9ZnAqEV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, Bombardier, thank you.

Dixon66 is a non de guerre based on a series of books by Harold Coyle.

I'm not an avid poster and I have originally joined these types of forums for the purposes of researching to build models. However, I met a great bunch of folks on a site that is being disbanded and wanted to keep up the contacts.

I have never served, but I am the proud father of a former U.S. Marine.

Work gets in the way of most of my model building these days due to travel.

@Dixon66

Thank you for your confidence in our site and for joining us.
You do not have to be an avid poster, just pop back in from time to time and let us know how you are doing

As I am sure you are aware , you should be proud of your son, not for being a US Marine per se but for having the courage to serve his country. We here at MI.Net offer that respect to all soldiers regardless of their country of origin. After all we all serve and follow the orders of our military elite.

I served for 12 years in the British Royal Artillery and I have a long line of military history behind me. Most recently in 2010 my Nephew Royal Marine Paul Warren was killed in an IED attack against his patrol base and sadly lost his life. He was my brothers son and we mourn him everyday.

Thank your son for his service and pass on our respects.

All the best mate
Bombardier

For all you TAARB people making the move and trusting us with your military interests we welcome you.
I know that some of you aside from being members of the TAARB were also long standing members of MP.Net.

We want you to be at home here and as I have probably read some of your posts at the TAARB and MP.Net I think you will enjoy it here.

Please get in touch with me if you are having any issues using our site, I know its a big change and the software is different but I am sure you will get to grips with it very quickly.

Thanks for joining us and enjoy
Respect
Bombardier

For all you TAARB guys wanting to transfer any posts you have made easily and you have the option to edit your posts still

check this out. All you have to do is click edit then click BBcode as shown in the pic, copy paste into thread at Mi.Net. You will only need to give it a new title

Untitledbbcode.jpg

OK, guys I'm about to become a former mod on TAAR community. :( I military enthusiast with no history of military service. I was interested in military history and played airsoft, but that's about it. With the Russian annexation of Crimea in 2014 and "hybrid" invasion of Ukraine things changed. I became actively involved in assistance efforts to Ukrainian Military and their families. I collect various Ukrainian Military pics and post them on my Facebook page and soon on this board.

My collection could be viewed publicly on my page: https://www.facebook.com/Berkut76

@Dixon66

I served for 12 years in the British Royal Artillery and I have a long line of military history behind me. Most recently in 2010 my Nephew Royal Marine Paul Warren was killed in an IED attack against his patrol base and sadly lost his life. He was my brothers son and we mourn him everyday.

Thank your son for his service and pass on our respects.

All the best mate
Bombardier

So sorry for your loss.

I shall pass the respects on. He was attached to an Artillery Unit during most of his time in. HQ Battery 11th Marines. Cannon Cockers