Photos Your latest or Notable purchases

They sell something called an "Autobahn Edition"? Thats what i call marketing. Sweet car.

In the past there was Wolfsburg Edition. VW is trying to position GTI as an upscale car for the brand in the US, you won't even find any reference to Golf. :)

Very nice :)

Thank you, it's a far better vehicle than I've expected it to be.

Are you going to change the alloys ?

No, I'm happy with the wheels, and I don't have the money for a nice set anyway. The only thing that I've upgraded so far is the cargo mat, and I bought a sun shade. That's it

^^ Good buy @berkut76 , I hope you got the big discounts VW are handing out now due to their bad publicity for using defeat software ;)

Yes, I did. Funny thing is that I buy a new car about once every 10 years. This was a different experience for sure. I was treated well. All the luxury brands, Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes have rejected me outright, and Japanese cars feel like appliances so it was between Alfa Romeo Giulia and GTI for me. Given "ancient" electronics on Alfa, VW won.

^^ Great buy @berkut76 , my nephew just bought a GTI and loves it, saved a couple of thousand $ off the price and also says he was treated really well. Wish all car makers were taken to the cleaners by the courts then maybe they would treat the motoring public like customers instead of supplicants ;)

^^ Great buy @berkut76 , my nephew just bought a GTI and loves it, saved a couple of thousand $ off the price and also says he was treated really well. Wish all car makers were taken to the cleaners by the courts then maybe they would treat the motoring public like customers instead of supplicants ;)

I was really shocked by BMW. First they denied my application for financing under "unspecified reason". Secondly, at the dealership, the sales people were not really interested in talking to me at all, some of them could barely speak English, and I'm tolerant since I have an accent myself. It looks like the BMW dealership that I went to is only interested in wealthy buyers who recently came from China to the US. Alfa folks were car nuts and nice as well, but it doesn't look like they are well supported by the HQ.

Just bought my wife a 3 year old Mazda 3, I get what you mean about feeling like appliances, wouldn't have one myself much prefer a Mercedes. Still compared to her 13 year old Ford, she loves it and I am in her good books for a change :)

I retire from law enforcement in Feb next year, maybe a new Merc is on the cards eh :eek:

Just bought my wife a 3 year old Mazda 3, I get what you mean about feeling like appliances, wouldn't have one myself much prefer a Mercedes. Still compared to her 13 year old Ford, she loves it and I am in her good books for a change :)

I retire from law enforcement in Feb next year, maybe a new Merc is on the cards eh :eek:

Depends on the Mercedes. I test driven CLA, and it didn't fell like a Mercedes to me. Mazda 3 is a good car for its class, until the current gen Civic has arrived, at least in the US it was considered a class leader.

Depends on the Mercedes. I test driven CLA, and it didn't fell like a Mercedes to me. Mazda 3 is a good car for its class, until the current gen Civic has arrived, at least in the US it was considered a class leader.

It depends on which model of CLA have you test driven. I have no idea for US market but here in Turkey and also in most of the European countries as well standard CLA moders are powered by Renault made motor and transmission organs. So I beleve that is creating a big difference for the dynamics and performance of the car. For the current Mercedes models ıdk any thing but my old man a classic BMW fan. His previous two cars were a 2001 C180 (this one also was my first car) and a 2007 320i and now he is driving a 2016 520i and accourding to my experience on his cars, 520 is the fastest and most accelerate one among them eventough it powered with a 1,6 engine with a relatively decent 184 HP

It depends on which model of CLA have you test driven. I have no idea for US market but here in Turkey and also in most of the European countries as well standard CLA moders are powered by Renault made motor and transmission organs. So I beleve that is creating a big difference for the dynamics and performance of the car. For the current Mercedes models ıdk any thing but my old man a classic BMW fan. His previous two cars were a 2001 C180 (this one also was my first car) and a 2007 320i and now he is driving a 2016 520i and accourding to my experience on his cars, 520 is the fastest and most accelerate one among them eventough it powered with a 1,6 engine with a relatively decent 184 HP

US market is completely different. Usually, 2.0L Turbo with 200-220Hp is a minimum right now for mid-level sedans and SUVs.

20180511_215605.jpg

My brother decided to be a ............................ and take the Lopper i already had .. And had to go buy another and bought a lock for the bike .. anda good portion of next doors over lapping tree branches got obliterated ..

The garage and family room over it was rebuilt this winter by the current owners who are moving back to NY. Whole house was repainted just before it went on the market so we'll see what the inspector that we're hiring says about the condition.

This move will bring us out of MA and into NH, away from MA's draconian firearms and vehicle laws.

Very nice mate, hope all goes well on the inspection :)

Back