1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net

Police Some Clippings My Wife Saved

Discussion in 'Military and civil Police photos & Videos' started by NebrHogger, Apr 17, 2017.

1. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

0000.ap2.jpg 0000.ap1.jpg

If I may be allowed a war story with pics... while cleaning the basement, I found a book of newspaper clippings my wife saved while we were dating.

Pic on the left is "The Great Dodge Roast of 1978. A close friend and I got onto a fugitive from Texas - murder warrant as I recall. We were steaming down I-80 over 100MPH when I drove beside the bad guy & meant to shoot. He cranked a hard left & out into the hay meadow shown after crashing through a fence & rolling several times. We opted to not crash through the fence & took up the chase on foot. Catalytic converters on all 3 cars ignited the grass & started quite a blaze. He was trying to make it to the river in the distance. I was about out of breath & fired close enough to his head he heard the bullet & gave up.

I was EOD for the west half of Nebr & had 4# of C-4 in my trunk. Had to beat it back to keep firefighters away in case of a detonation. (the stuff just burned - no explosion) Bad guy claimed my friend kicked his a$$ every step of the way back. No witnesses, though.

I heard he did get the crap beat out of him when the Texas Rangers showed up (in their own plane) to take him back. I don't recall who he murdered, but the Rangers were not happy, a jailer friend told me.

This made national news - not for the bad guy but as a discussion of what a bad idea catalytic converters are. Got to see my irate mug on the evening news!

We caught a little heck for cremating our rides, but we caught the bastard!

Next pic is me on a roof with a mortal shot at a nut case. Long story short, he wacked out - called the pastor of my wife's church over for counseling - and tried to blow his head off after saying he wanted to kill himself... and anyone else close by. I was first on the scene and asked the lady of the house if I could use her roof. I have my trusty 12ga in the pic, but the Lt arrived & tossed me up an M16.

I had a clear shot at the nut case who was sitting on the floor of his bedroom talking to a negotiator. He thought he was hidden, but I could see him clearly. He never knew I was there.

He didn't want to kill himself that badly & eventually surrendered. Then it was off to Casa del Wacko.

I liked railroading a lot better than this. I found a couple more but will save them for a boring day. SW

Bombardier and Admin like this.
  2. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Excellent stories @NebrHogger ! Good to see you survived mate ;)

3. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Missed this one buddy, great account of a day in the life of @NebrHogger appreciate you sharing that one bud ;)