theguy187

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hey everyone, just thought id share some pictures.
Here are a few pictures of the 1st New Zealand Special Air Service.

8aa9a240-79c5-4f65-82d7-087a19b50798_zpsbb1b9b2b.jpg
36bee725-9443-4e5f-af12-0d6675ebbab4_zpsc1792422.jpg
65bb1dce-38a6-4356-bdfa-7f273ae92ec3_zps51d6b0ea.jpg
IMG_0529.jpg
1bd4840e-e040-47e8-ab3c-5c00e2f3da66_zpsccee5fb9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photos were you or any of your relatives in the SAS?
Welcome to MI.net

Thanks mate
these are pictures of my old man and his mates training and what not.

Brilliant I bet he has some great stories to tell ya camo;

1st New Zealand Special Air Service 1NZSAS

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Cpl Willie Apiata VC

Corporal Willie Apiata VC - New Zealand Special Air Service 1NZSAS

Last edited:

This thread is in Honour of the British Special Air Service and will cover photos from past and present

These starting photos are in no particular order and have come from our media gallery

full

full

full

full

full

Tommy Norfolk - I have met this man personally as he lives in my area
full

Statue of Robert Blair MAYNE which can be seen in Conway Square, Newtownards, County Down, Northern Ireland
full

full

A special edition of Whiskey in honour of the SAS from the Officers Mess
full

One of many Memeorials
full

A Memorial in Honour of Captain David Sterling, the founder of the SAS
full

full

full

full

Operation Nimrod 1980

sas.jpg

A French national who served with 22 SAS during the Operation Overlord in WW2. He escaped from France through Spain and Portugal finally arriving in England.

He initially served with the Pioneer Corps before joining SAS at the age of 19. He served with the SAS as part of a small three man team consisting of an American and British soldier to harass German troops behind the lines. He now lives in a small village adjacent to Pegasus Bridge near Caen.

Almost 900 United Kingdom servicemen and women will join thousands of D Day veterans in Normandy to commemorate the 60th anniversary of what remains the biggest military operation ever undertaken.

The veterans, the youngest of whom are in their late 70s, will join other allied old soldiers from Canada, France and the USA to take part in ceremonies to remember those who gave their lives during Operation Overlord sixty years ago.

Good point mate, The CT thread is cool and if any photos crop up here that fit the bill, I or you could easily copy them over. :)

Hell we could even just quote them over, as you likely know you can quote any message on any forum to any thread ;)

Any find be awesome mate ! sas material is rare especialy CT related. For good reasons I bet, but showing off sometimes wouldn't harm them more than all the others ;)

Some classic stuff. Really enjoying watching and re-watching these, though I imagine, half of it was already outdated for decades when they were shooting them. Its still fun. ^^

Last edited:
After the Manchester (UK) Bomb attack in 2017 the SAS were in town working with our Police raiding target addresses and such like. I didnt have a lot of contact with them but aside from the tragedy of the incident, seeing them around was an exciting time.

I managed to obtain these photos of SAS Malinois dogs, this particular dog has kills to its name as I am told. I have posted this in the news thread at the time but worth duplicating here.

View attachment 146753 View attachment 146754

Not an SAS soldier Per Se but still part of the team :)

In 2017 I met Tommy Norfolk

Tommy was in the SAS

IMG_0293 (1).JPG

Tommy was 18 when he left his job in 1940 to enlist initially in the Dorset Regiment when he completed his training at Bournemouth. He then joined the Manchester Regiment and was posted to North Africa where, in 1942, he joined the Special Air Service. He also carried out many parachute jumps.

He said: “It was kill or be killed. I was in Italy, Sicily, Austria and I am a lifetime member of the SAS Association".

“When I went to Hereford this year there were only 32 of us left from the Second World War and I am one of the 32.

“No one knows their true potential until they are confronted with it.”

Tommy is typical of a British Squaddie with a sense of humour to match. It was a pleasure to meet you mate Mil-smile01