There was a bunch of pictures of a SAS operator during the Kenyan terrorist atacks last week, does any one have one of those ?

Well I find them !!

SAS Operator in Kenya during this month terrorist Atack

SAS-Kenya-A001.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A002.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A003.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A004.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A005.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A006.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A008.jpg

SAS-Kenya-A009.jpg

At least one other Brit was injured in the rampage.

After getting kitted out, dramatic photos show the hero charging into a building single-handed — Colt Canada C8 assault rifle at the ready — to free cowering locals.

In another, the balaclava-clad elite soldier, whose face we have masked, helps to carry an injured victim. He was also seen clasping a woman’s hand as he led her to safety.The man — a long-serving SAS member — checked plans with local special forces, directed sorties in the heat of battle and frisked suspects.

An insider said last night: “He was training Kenyan forces when the shout went up, so he went in. “British Special Forces always run towards the sound of gunfire. “He fired off rounds during the operation. It’s a safe bet he hit his target — the SAS don’t miss. There’s no doubt his actions saved lives.” His battlegear included body armour, a Glock pistol and dagger. The hero is thought to have served in Iraq and Afghanistan and to be a top counter-terror warfare expert.

Source
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8207170/nairobi-hotel-attack-kenya-sas-terrorists/

Various tabloids (Take that for what you will) are reporting that the soldier above will be awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross.

In 2017 I met Tommy Norfolk

Tommy was in the SAS

View attachment 146755

Tommy was 18 when he left his job in 1940 to enlist initially in the Dorset Regiment when he completed his training at Bournemouth. He then joined the Manchester Regiment and was posted to North Africa where, in 1942, he joined the Special Air Service. He also carried out many parachute jumps.

He said: “It was kill or be killed. I was in Italy, Sicily, Austria and I am a lifetime member of the SAS Association".

“When I went to Hereford this year there were only 32 of us left from the Second World War and I am one of the 32.

“No one knows their true potential until they are confronted with it.”

Tommy is typical of a British Squaddie with a sense of humour to match. It was a pleasure to meet you mate Mil-smile01

Recently found this information about Tommy
He was in the long Range Desert Group
Tommy Norfolk is now 96 years old and still going.
He is second from the end in this photo.
97712662_1328777430650630_2520081630115135488_o.jpg

I believe this is a coulorised photo of 'L' Detachment SAS

In 2017 I met Tommy Norfolk

Tommy was in the SAS

View attachment 146755

Tommy was 18 when he left his job in 1940 to enlist initially in the Dorset Regiment when he completed his training at Bournemouth. He then joined the Manchester Regiment and was posted to North Africa where, in 1942, he joined the Special Air Service. He also carried out many parachute jumps.

He said: “It was kill or be killed. I was in Italy, Sicily, Austria and I am a lifetime member of the SAS Association".

“When I went to Hereford this year there were only 32 of us left from the Second World War and I am one of the 32.

“No one knows their true potential until they are confronted with it.”

Tommy is typical of a British Squaddie with a sense of humour to match. It was a pleasure to meet you mate Mil-smile01

It is with great sadness I have to inform you that Tommy has passed away. Stand Easy Tommy, You will always be remembered. 'Who Dares Wins'

Members of the "French Squadron SAS" (1ere Compagnie de Chasseurs Parachutistes) pose with a French Army Veteran Tunisian Arab (L) and his son in the Gabes-Tozeur area of Tunisia - Early 1943

French Squadron SAS.png

22nd SAS sergeant Chris Ryan shown on the range firing an M16/M203 during some of his time in the jungle (training and as a staff instructor). In Desert Storm Ryan was with the doomed patrol of B20 he managed to escape capture and evade behind enemy lines 190 miles to safety.

275303103_7092936864112477_1859509422808825835_n.jpg