1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Police Nebraska State Patrol

Discussion in 'Military and civil Police photos & Videos' started by NebrHogger, Sep 14, 2016.

1. NebrHogger United States

NebrHogger Mi Staff Sergeant MI.Net Member

After two tours of Viet Nam, I attended college, majoring in English. There being little work in that field, I entered law enforcement. I worked as a motorcycle officer for a time but eventually worked as a State Trooper in Nebraska.

I don't have any "war stories" to relate. A disproportionate amount of my time was spent officiating at messy wrecks.

Shown here, I'm conducting a "safety check". Other duties included the SWAT team. I never really understood why we practiced rappelling - there aren't a lot of tall buildings in rural Nebr. But rappel I did. One can't wimp out in front of the others even if terrified of heights like I am. In addition to water towers and such, we rappelled from helicopters. I hated that but carried it off.

I did this for 10 years before settling on railroading as my lifetime career. SW

nsp1.jpg nsp3.jpg nsp4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2016
    Gordus and Firefox like this.
  2. Firefox United Kingdom

Firefox Foxtrot Oscar MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

Hi @NebrHogger what units did you serve in Vietnam with?
    I know that some of our distinguisged VN vets find the subject quite sensitive (understandably) so if you would rather not discuss it I will understand.

Some great photos there what kind of vehicle is that you are leaning on? (the white one)

3. NebrHogger United States

Please take no offense, but that was then & this is now...

While in college I quickly discovered it's not a good topic for discussion. At a party, once upon a time, I related a few experiences to non-veterans. I was assured I was a mass murderer in waiting and would go off the deep end some day to kill innocent people.

Also in college, I became attracted to a hippy kind of girl. Like a fool, I related at a party how close I had once been to a tiger near the DMZ. "You were hallucinating! There are no tigers there!" "Please forgive me, attractive hippy girl; I'm quite mad, you see. Please accept this tumbler of chilled Wild Giraffe Banana wine by way of an apology!"

And with the passage of time, there's the concept 'the older I get, the worse I had it'. I don't wish to be that way - there are too many of those people.

Perhaps another day. SW

Gordus and Bombardier like this.
  4. NebrHogger United States

I forgot to add that's a 1978 Dodge modified for State Patrol use. It would get right down the road! SW

Bombardier likes this.
  5. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

No offence taken, thanks for being honest about it.