Photos Military Technology

Soldierkid

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Saw this today - future of army tech?

Hercule Exoskeleton

A versatile system that will lighten the load for infantry soldiers and Special Forces.
Powered by batteries which enable the wearer to walk 20km at a speed of 4km/h.

image link broken

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to smile when I see such gimmicks. When I joined the UK army in 1956, we would perform a 10 mile march in FFMO (Full Field Marching Order) which weighed about 60 pounds. On top of this, you carried your weapon which was a Lee Enfield 303, and that weighed a lot more than today’s weapons. This 10 mile march had to be completed in 2 and half hours. If it wasn’t you did it again the next day.

Silky

This is the RB3D's Hercule Exoskeleton.
Since you posted this the company seem to have made some improvements
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

See more http://www.rb3d.com/en/

As for its general military use, I don't really know that would work.
Lots of Company's are producing this type of device, even Honda who are selling it as a "Walking assist Exoskeleton".

That said the US Army seem to be taking it seriously

What do we think about this new military tech

Smart fabric for new soldier uniform

_59461757_cdeshowcase-inteltextiles-crowncopyright.jpg

British soldiers' uniforms could soon use electrically conducting yarn woven directly into the clothing, replacing cumbersome batteries and cabling.

The "e-textiles" could provide uniforms with a single, central power source.

This would allow soldiers to recharge one battery instead of many and cut the number of cables required in their kit.

Surrey-based Intelligent Textiles showcased the lightweight uniform at an event organised by theCentre for Defence Enterprise (CDE).

The company has patented a number of techniques for weaving complex conductive fabrics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17580666

It sounds promising as long as there isn't a chance of getting electrocuted by your own uniform ^^

Jokes aside, I personaly approve of any type of equipment that is practical, increases survivability and reduces weight.

But I agree with John. None of that should prompt changing aka reducing training standarts

I just wonder if the circuit in the clothing would provide an enemy any kind of signature that would make them visible such as heat and if they have considered that and found a way around it. I am no electrician but I would imaging even a small amount of current could produce a heat signature.

Just a thought

It is the future I guess, but will always require boots on the ground too mil-smile03

Elbit Systems / BrightNite™ Filght Tests

Brightnite unique night vision pilotage solution brings fused image of the outside world to the pilots helmet mounted display, based on a staring array of multi-spectral uncooled FLIR and CMOS sensors. An end-to-end intuitive, light-weight complete solution. Augmenting the standard NVG with a clear fused image displayed to the eyes of the aircrew. Leave behind the classic dependency on Night Vision Goggles (NVG) only, and improve your mission probability with this staring uncooled FLIR sensor, fused by Multi-Spectral Synthetic Vision System (SVS) and color conformal 3D mission symbology. An ultrawide Field of Regard display solution brings together the best of visual and synthetic panoramic vision to allow all air-crew members to be surrounded with a daylight–like picture from all angles.

I have to smile when I see such gimmicks. When I joined the UK army in 1956, we would perform a 10 mile march in FFMO (Full Field Marching Order) which weighed about 60 pounds. On top of this, you carried your weapon which was a Lee Enfield 303, and that weighed a lot more than today’s weapons. This 10 mile march had to be completed in 2 and half hours. If it wasn’t you did it again the next day.

Silky

No different to what we were doing 40 years later, times, weights or distances, although the F88 was about a pound/half a kilo lighter and we'd try and get closer to 2 hours than two and a half.

CBU-105

Turkish-Ukrainian anti-tank missile launching system "SERDAR"

ASCOD Medium Main Battle Tank, Ulan in Austria and Pizarro in Spain
ascod-mmbt-medium-main-battle-tank-2.jpg
ascod-mmbt-medium-main-battle-tank-1.jpg
46tofgxnud311.jpg

New drone munition born from lessons in Ukraine

Jumping munition was developed together with Finnish Defense Forces and they have already ordered a test set. Idea being that unlike regular claymore, it is very difficult to take cover from this as the shrapnel comes from above.