Photos Kurdish YPJ/YPG 2013-2016 On the front lines of freedom

BladeRunner87

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
TAARB
This thread and most of its photos are from 2 years ago, I do not post photos on the current conflict between Kurdish/Syrian Democratic Forces and Turkey, I find the situation disgusting and depressing that my country has thrown its best ally against terrorism under the bus over formalities, although I will admit that enough Kurds chose to reengage in conflict with the Turkish govt in 2016 which played into the plans of Erdogan.

Honestly I've been reluctant to start my own Pic thread. But I owe it to these fighting ladies who have picked up arms against enslavement.

I'll get the majority of my pics from here

I'll try to refrain from PKK pics.
m9IBNpV.jpg

dis6tvc.jpg

yd9H2Xv.jpg

chh7thH.jpg

0RP3eJS.jpg

yGXf9F5.jpg

4nE1KnT.jpg

ciFnTsE.jpg

1zDxMZw.jpg

6HBptCn.jpg

u11cSB3.jpg

WbQSFqH.jpg

YUK6d1c.jpg

db8qwt5.jpg

zlqeAON.jpg

GmCy8BC.jpg

j71j5wT.jpg

qesDrhN.jpg

NAx3trt.jpg

b8hafMz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy I am working on rebuilding this post leave it with me, not sure yet where you went wrong :)

Approximately 100 westerners(not including Kurdish diaspora) are serving along side the Kurdish forces. These are Canadians

Mu9Jexg.jpg
[/IMG]
Ghfp3Vr.jpg
[/IMG]
E9GFhBN.jpg
[/IMG]
JU55Oet.jpg
[/IMG]
HVULBEn.jpg
QZO42ou.jpg
FdLKGX2.jpg
prSBcm9.jpg
QIdhbdy.jpg
n9AQGzC.jpg
[/IMG]
2iTo4t8.jpg
cTul9p7.png

First 3 images are Yezidi YBS during an ongoing offensive south of Shingal(Syria-Iraq Border)

H2oGJjR.jpg
wFkxHBj.jpg
W6kdT3q.jpg

RkY01aE.jpg
[/IMG]

FHR43DF.jpg

WGbefOO.jpg

5VohKnG.jpg

28 year old mother from Poland

DmA7Oni.jpg

YAT Anti Terror Police

62wuEwm.jpg

XwCNGjW.jpg

nk0fAMr.jpg

EVddVsd.jpg

nZZUD6c.jpg

OXxXuRO.jpg

nznQh28.jpg

The Kurdish Sniper Rifle

One of the most effective weapons of the YPG in the fight against ISIS is the Kurdish DIY rifle named Zagros, created by the PKK in 2012. Although it can shoot 14.5-millimeter bullets as well, the YPG & PKK Fighters prefer the 12.7-millimeter version because its “more manageable”. In addition, the barrel is made from the ZPU anti aircraft gun.
The rifle can easily punch through walls—sometimes penetrating more than one and slicing right through buildings. It can also destroy vehicles and damage tanks.

A5TyEpu.jpg

QoBayZR.jpg

YPG Sniper Unit with a good mix of SVD Dragunov, PSL, Zagros, and even Steyr HS 50(likely Iranian copy captured from Assad's forces or gift from Iraqi Peshmerga)

dCuOIcC.jpg

Ok what you did there was paste HTML code into the post rather than BB code

to insert a photo from your Imgur account just click the photo icon and paste in the image address as below or upload it directly to you posts as below help link

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/IJVnpG3.jpg

help link for uploading pics
https://www.militaryimages.net/threads/uploading-pics-to-your-posts.5857/

First pic: On December 30 & 31, ISIS attacked the towns Gire Spi (Tal Abyad), Ain Issa, Siluk & the village Shargirat in Kobane region. After intense battles, at least 66 Terrorists were killed.
An ammunition cache, 21 AK rifles, 3 PK machine guns, 1 RPG rocket launcher, 40+ hand grenades, 3 pieces of 120mm mortar rounds & 3 IEDs (roadside bombs) were seized.
a Car bomb & a munition-laden truck were destroyed before they reached their targets.

10 YPG Fighters have fallen.

HumYSbV.jpg

From Al-Hawl offensive last December

odhZG0M.jpg

Another failed IS counter-attack near Tishrin Dam

brqgxjL.jpg

Not really news but...“If we must die, we die defending our rights."

Martyr Musa (25), a former PKK Guerilla and one of the best YPG Snipers, killed 300 - 450 ISIS Terrorists. The Legend of Kobane Musa (real name Heval Hardem) has fallen during a fight with ISIS Terrorists on April 14, 2015 in Kobane.

"Every time a problem came up, Musa was the man to call first. He would fight day and night, and after a while ISIS learned about his feat. No ISIS Sniper could defeat him, many of us are alive because of him. If ever a true hero was born, that’s Hardem. Hero of Kobane. After the city was liberated, he joined the village operations, kept pushing the enemy away, sometimes taking entire villages by himself. He trained most of the snipers in Kobanê. I always looked up to him, he would always sit in a low position, talk with a low tone. When there was less food, he would eat less to leave more to others.”

http://www.businessinsider.com/meet-musa-the-sniper-scourge-of-isis-in-kobani-2015-10

V9SFBEH.jpg

3M3OvHN.jpg

WookBm1.jpg

cHvmmJq.jpg
hlOkTWQ.jpg

L0C4ynb.jpg

4 women 4 different Ak47 variants. My guess: Chinese Type 56-1, E German MPi-KMS-72, Hungarian Ak63D, E German(could be Russian the Kurds love that wire folding stock)

tqZcCo6.jpg
[/IMG]

53 enslaved Yezidis freed from ISIS Captivity
a Group of 12 Women and 41 Children who have been abducted and enslaved by ISIS Terrorists 19 Months ago, were rescued by Yezidi YBS Fighters and reunited with their families yesterday evening. YBS Fighters have also killed 6 ISIS Terrorists and wounded 3 others yesterday in the village Mediban, Shingal. 2 armored ISIS Vehicles type “Hammer” were seized and a bomb-laden vehicle destroyed.

8Z34d8Z.jpg

“Kobane Resiste” mural in Novi Sad, Serbia, in support of the brave kurdish fighters

lu6zT6F.jpg

YPG’s Tactical Medical Unit (TMU)

ai7eUBt.png

B3BF4N4.png

Last edited:
Another sniper team consisting of a WWII era Mosin PU, and Zagros possibly in 14.5mm

b67iI7o.jpg
[/IMG]

Just a point to note, your title states 'Female Kurdish YPJ' and yet you seem to be inserting photos of male fighters, it is somewhat misleading, try and keep your thread as the title suggests thank you. I am also mindful of the thoughts of other members regarding this subject, if you maintain the comments and photo in line with defeating ISIS I am sure all will be well.

You also seem to be inserting extra BB Code as below, again not sure how you achieve that but if you look at my posting advice earlier in your thread you can eliminate it easily.

here is what is being left in your posts
Code:
[IMG] & [/IMG]

And one more bit of advice, please do not turn this thread into a recruitment of foreign fighters, any posts like that will be deleted.

You also seem to be inserting extra BB Code as below, again not sure how you achieve that but if you look at my posting advice earlier in your thread you can eliminate it easily.

here is what is being left in your posts
Code:
[IMG] & [/IMG]

And one more bit of advice, please do not turn this thread into a recruitment of foreign fighters, any posts like that will be deleted.
I;m not ignoring you I;m going to clean it up once I've salvaged the original thread. I will delete the extra bb code and the links to facebook pages and such

Thank you buddy and I see you have changed the title again thank you :)

Female Protection Forces of the Land Between Two Rivers - Syriac speaking(ancient Aramaic dialect that Jesus spoke) Christian fighters, members of the female battalion fighting the Islamic state group pose during training on 1 December 2015 at their camp in the town of al Qahtaniyah.

BkfBtxV.jpg
[/IMG]
ykW9BcU.jpg
[/IMG]

pQBS8uA.jpg
[/IMG]
aa5SqEN.jpg
[/IMG]
BNI8MRx.jpg
[/IMG]
9kyvtAh.jpg
[/IMG]