Question? Id This British Army Medical Insignia

JPMaybe

Mi Recruit
MI.Net Member
Hi all, first time poster wondering if somebody could help with an incredibly minor question but one that's annoying me. In the decent Afghanistan war flick Kajaki: The True Story, the medics assigned to 3 Para wear t-shirts with an odd insignia- attached pic is the best grab I could get, apologies for the low quality. The insignia appears to be a combination of the Royal Army Medical Corps' rod of Asclepius, but with wings à la a caduceus, and an eagle on top for good measure. Any idea if this is a real insignia, and if so what its significance is? Buggered if I can find any other examples of it online.

kajaki.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @JPMaybe and welcome to MI.Net

Have to say I have watched that film a few times and never noticed that insignia before, cant say I have ever seen it, the lack of references on the web would suggest it is fictitious one but cant think why they would do that on a film depicting a real event.

The other option is that it has been created by the regiment, when I have been to say Northern Ireland and the Gulf 1991 our units made up their own T shirts and Sweat tops, perhaps this is something like that?

The Eagle atop of the badge reminds me of an air mobile/air assault brigade/unit

Sorry this might not be helping, just brain storming :)

I will keep looking around. Mil-smile01

Last edited: