1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Question? British Army Training Unit - BATUS

Discussion in 'Ask A Question ??' started by BellaCoolla, Oct 16, 2009.

1. BellaCoolla

BellaCoolla Mi Recruit MI.Net Member

Hi All,

New Member.

I have a 1985 Series 3 109 that was originally a red top vehicle at BATUS in Canada. I am trying to find out some history or pictures of the vehicles.

It was released in 1997, so I'm hoping that somewhere out there some body took some photos.

I have some info under the history tab on my web site below.

www.freewebs.com/83s3109

Thanks in advance.

Bombardier likes this.
  2. John A Silkstone United Kingdom

John A Silkstone Mi General MI.Net Member

Sorry can't help, was at BATUS in 1976 but didn't take any photos. Like your site.

Silky

3. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

I was at BATUS in 1991 after returning from Operation Granby (Gulf War 1991) I was Arty safety and our Call sign was '44'.

This picture from your website shows Art Safety Red Top '44' although I can say it wasn't me so probably pre 91

wild_horselr.jpg

Due to age and terrible memory I have forgotten who call sign '77' related to

11-18-2007 10.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  4. Bombardier

5. Pretorian United Kingdom

Pretorian Mi Sergeant MI.Net Member

Range Safety 1975
    batus range safety 1975.jpg

A Red Top
    landrover.jpg

6. Bombardier

Looking around the web for photos and video of BATUS I was reminded of the size of the training area, I was also reminded of the deaths that have occurred there and the road we called the Rattlesnake that has many a marker along its route where soldiers training have perished.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017