Intro Greetings from John Matthews Art

John Matthews Art

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
Greetings everyone! I'm John Matthews, an aviation artist from St. Louis, Missouri in the U. S. I've been practicing my artwork for a couple years and now have a website, which is John Matthews Art. My focus has been on military aircraft from the 1950s and 1960s. What I have exhibited thus far features the Boeing B-47 Stratojet, the Republic F-105 Thunderchief, the McDonnell F-101B Voodoo, and the McDonnell Douglas RF-4C Phantom II. I've also created some artwork regarding experimental aircraft such as the Martin XB-51 and Lockheed's Project L-133. I'm working on another RF-4 Phantom project, and one with the Boeing B-52 right now.

My artwork is all digital. I create 3D models of all of my aircraft, "paint" them in Adobe Photoshop, and then create the background environments using other 3D applications. The artistic concepts are the same as "traditional" artwork (e.g. composition, perspective, lighting, etc.), just a different medium.

I'll post images of my work, and my work in progress, for everyone to see later.

ebde33_a4f71be4fb3b4e10ab34c423db81b516~mv2.jpg

Safe skies!

~John

Last edited: