1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
We are a non commercial community interested only in the discussion of all things military. We do not sell or authorise the use of images hosted on our servers, if you wish to purchase or use imagery contact the uploader directly.(you will need to register). Any requests received to purchase or use imagery will be ignored. Thank you and welcome to MI.Net
Dismiss Notice
You have been here as a guest for a while, I guess we are doing something right? Register as a member and join in the discussions, its completely free and we would welcome your contributions. All the best admin - MI.Net

Question? Facebook what do you think?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question ??' started by Bombardier, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Bombardier

Bombardier Admin & Arbiter Staff Member Site Admin

Well I am sre you have all seen the news about how Facebook have been mis-using our information, so what do you all think about FB?

Do you have an account?
    How often did you use it?
    What do you think abourt how FB have misused your information?

Lots of my friends have deleted their accounts based on this abuse of trust, will you ?

2. vonFeilitzsch Germany

vonFeilitzsch Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member

I don't have it and a lot of my friends say its becoming an elderly home and thats why they delete their accounts. The only reason i would have a facebook account would be to use tinder;)

Bombardier likes this.
  3. Bombardier

My wife has just deleted her account because she felt tied to it, she also remembered that I existed mil-smile10

4. santana Colombia

santana Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member

yes I do have an account!!
    Pretty much very often!!!
    I think they mess up!!! I guess in a near future facebook like myspace will be no longer exist!!! I will love that, honestly I have lost friends because the wrong use of facebook. I use it only for my Hobbie that is Airsoft!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Bombardier likes this.
  5. Bombardier

Likewise mate. I once had a friend who was upset with me because I had not liked her post, jeez I said, 'I have hardly been on FB this week' but she was convinced I was trying to disrespect her. And that;s Facebook for ya :).

6. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator TAARB

I have an FB account but use it almost exclusively to stay in contact with shipmates from my previous incarnation :)

I have to admit that without FB I doubt if I would have been able to re-acquaint with many of my long lost brothers in arms.

Other than that I hate the spamming rubbish that makes its way around and the misinformation that is peddled and what's worse, believed, by people is horrendous

Bombardier likes this.
  7. Bombardier

I like how people want to tell what they had for dinner that night, with pictures too :mad:

BravoZulu likes this.
  8. santana Colombia

santana Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member

Well facebook is the land of Trolls and fake news!!! Now in my country we are in Presidentail race elections, in two months; and the presidential canidates are in the public eye. Pitty for them I guess. I am not sure that they will be ready for the tons of fake and sick news. But that is politics under the social media and social network

BravoZulu and Bombardier like this.
  9. Dixon66

Dixon66 Mi Private TAARB MI.Net Member

Have it, rarely use it. Deleted a prior account in 2012 due to infighting in a Jeeping club I was in. Lost several friends and did not start a new account until 2017 after prodding from a friend.

Bombardier likes this.
  10. BravoZulu Australia

BravoZulu Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator TAARB

So you've met my nephew then mate?

Honestly he posts when he has gone for a coffee and photo's of said coffee, posts when he has dinner and photo's of said dinner :mad::eek:

Bombardier likes this.
  11. AAR Galileo

AAR Galileo Mi Staff Sergeant TAARB MI.Net Member Mi.Net Supporter

I have a FB account just to get news from my familly and friends in France. I consider FB as an open book so I never talk about my job, politics or what I broughtor want to buy. I just post photos of my dogs, I don't think there is one with me since I open the account (well there is one but I was 5y old!).
    Never play any game on it and my password is something like 6r2i8c3iY3vb8v65n5Z7eBJhFXV5 .

BravoZulu likes this.
  12. bdpopeye United States

bdpopeye Mi Major General TAARB MI.Net Member

I do not have a FB account. I will never have one. NEVER. To me FB is just a bunch of silly nonsense. I use to say.."facebook is for girls". so I won't say that any more. I don't want to offend anyone......I do check it out,on my wifes FB page, when there are new pictures of my grandchildren.

BravoZulu and Conhoon like this.
  13. Bombardier

I think they are corrupt, have gotten too big for their boots. I doubt when the idea was conceived they had any thoughts of using members personal details to do wrong but 'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely' .

And that is why I have removed all FB social button from this site. They would never get any of our details anyway but just dont wish to be associated with them. Oh and I have deleted my account too ;)

BravoZulu likes this.