MilitaryMuseums

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
I volunteered at the annual Experimental Aircraft Association annual convention and fly-In and have a TON of footage to share from the event. Rather than posting it in individual threads I will try keep all the posts in 1 common location.

The main tribute to this years event was the 75th anniversary of the Doolittle Raid.

The last member of the raid, Lt. Col. Richard E. Cole at age 101 was in attendance for the event. He did a short interview, took pictures with people and also recently had a book written about his experiences in WWII!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Later that same day 11 Airworthy B-25 Bombers performed in a "Doolittle's Raid" re-enactment that included mock bombing and pyrotechnics. 10 of the planes were staged on the concrete to give the impression of the original 16 B-25's that took off from the Aircraft Carrier USS Hornet on April 18, 1942.
20476425_10212815659489300_8072773541689826688_n.jpg

20430133_10212815659609303_7663685166842501262_n.jpg

Part 1

Part 2

Got close enough to almost touch an F-22 Raptor

Then a few days later got to see not one, but TWO F-22's take off.

What a privilege it must have been to have been at that display. Great photos and videos mate, looking forward to seeing more

(Y)

Great post. In the presence of the last living Doolittle Raid Hero, awesome wish I could have been there to meet him.
I love the B25 good looking aircraft. :)

What kind of video camera did you use?

What a privilege it must have been to have been at that display. Great photos and videos mate, looking forward to seeing more

(Y)

thanks alot! more to come shortly!

Great post. In the presence of the last living Doolittle Raid Hero, awesome wish I could have been there to meet him.
I love the B25 good looking aircraft. :)

What kind of video camera did you use?

Indeed, I actually teared up a little bit while taking that video. I have another one of me personally meeting him as well.

EDIT: I was using a sony a6500 as well as a Panasonic GH5 in conjuction with a tripod and gimbal stabilizer.

I assume she would not allow hand shakes because of germs and such like

I assume she would not allow hand shakes because of germs and such like
well they told us from the get go that he wouldn't be autographing books just shaking hands. I was one of the very last people to see meet him and after shaking 300+ peoples hands i'm sure he was a little tired and fragile at his age.